Sunday 25 July 08:31

Today I wake up and I feel starving. I miss my usual notification check, and just go straight down the spiral stairs, and into the kitchen. Lisa's there with my breakfast ready. For today: tropical fruit salad and American-style pancakes with lemon and sugar.
"Morning Lisa," I exclaimed. Lisa turned around holding a white frying pan.
"Oh hey Kara. Didn't see you there," Lisa's French accent never got old. I sat down by my plate and took a sip of apple juice, "you look like you've been kissed by a boy you hate." After that there was an awkward silence.
"Well... Yesterday I saw my boyfriend with another girl, but then he came over and kissed me and said that he hates that girl," I explained. Lisa turned back around to finish frying the pancake.
"Why don't you speak to your mum and dad about this?" She asked.
"Speak to me about what?" My mum walked into the kitchen in her purple velvet dressing gown and slippers. Her chocolate brown hair was done up in a bun.
"Oh nothing..." I replied. I didn't want to tell my mum and dad about this, because they wouldn't take it seriously.
🍍
After breakfast I went to my room and finally checked my notifications: one text message and a sale for songs in the top ten charts. I checked the message: Lexie: are you excited for the prom tomorrow? I am! I got a date with Chad Brian! Yes. The Chad Brian! X. The prom! I totally forgot! I haven't even got a dress yet! I call Lexie to help me pick a dress, so I start cycling into town.
💃🏼
Lexie and I walked inside 'Miss Prom' the dress shop. When we were inside there was a black lady at the counter with a small badge with the name kriss on. The room was empty with no dresses or people in.
"Can I help you two?" She asked.
"Yes please. I'm looking for a prom dress," I answered. She opened a small draw. Then she held out a gold key.
"This way please," Kriss exclaimed. She put the key into a tiny keyhole and twisted it round. Next, a big door appeared in the red wall. She opened the door, and it led us to a new room full of prom dresses.
"Wow!" I cried.
"Feel free to try on whatever you like. The changing rooms are over there," Kriss pointed to a small purple room with a white door.
"Ok, thank you," Lexie said, "let's have a look around!"