The Morning After

"Good morning, Mr Bapat, come on wake up. The sun is kissing all windows. It's high time." "Wakey wakey, my darling," she said in her cute baby voice.

"Uuuuuuuuuuuuu!" Raqesh stretched like Phoebe. "What are you doing waking up so early, Shamita Bapat?" He mumbled sleepily and opened one eye to find the most beautiful woman in the world standing above his head, dressed in a beautiful wispy orange organza kurta.

"Aho, aikana!" She smiled coyly as she bent to kiss her two day-old husband's forehead

"Aho, aikana!" She smiled coyly as she bent to kiss her two day-old husband's forehead. "And it's Shamita Shetty Bapat!" she piqued.

Raq grabbed his wife's hand and held it. She was all his now and the thought sent a happy shiver down his spine.

"You mean Shamita Raqesh Bapat?" He pulled her on top of him, teasing her. Her freshly-blow dried hair fell on her forehead. An inch away from her, he removed a lock admiring his wife's gorgeous face. She looked even more beautiful today with a hint of red vermillion in her middle parting. "You know, you are not supposed to look so hot, early in the morning." He covered her lips with his and locked them in a passionate lip-embrace. They stayed lip-locked for a couple of moments till she pulled herself away.

"Oh ho! Stop tryin to act so cute. You and your name are in my heart. You know the Shetty remains. That's who I am." She pretended to dodge him while he tried pulling her towards his lips again. She laughed, and gave in happily.

"I know, my love. You are mine, always. The name you want to be known by is entirely your decision. It doesn't change the place you have in my heart," Raqesh smiled, as he sealed her lips once again with his.

He loved their ritual of waking each other up. It started in Bigg Boss OTT. A week into the game he had realised that he was getting attracted to Shamita. His morning hugs and kisses became his subtle expression of love. Though he hugged and kissed Neha too but every time he went close to Shamz his heart skipped a beat. It was when she started missing the hugs and the kisses, each time they fought, that both of them realized that a spark had been ignited in their little hearts. The rest, they say, is history.

But they had come a long way since OTT. And this morning it all seemed the same, yet different. The flutter in the heart and butterflies in the stomach remained every time he kissed her, but now the kisses were deeper and more intense. As were their feelings. They were now man and wife ... each other's better half ... tied together by holy matrimony.