Praying for Love and Laughter

Raqesh scooped his bride in his arms, much to her embarrassment. She dug her face in his chest as he carried her the entire way until they reached the far corner of the house where Aai kept the statues of all her deities.

While most guests headed to the living room where the puja was to be performed, the immediate family followed Raqesh to the temple. Both the moms stopped to speak to the pandit.

Shamita shut her eyes tightly in embarrassment. She just wanted to stay in Raq's arms. Forever.

Raqesh wished for the same, but he reluctantly set her down on a chair, gently

Raqesh wished for the same, but he reluctantly set her down on a chair, gently. Strands of her hair fell away from her face. His heart leapt in his chest as he admired how pretty his blushing bride looked.

With a wink, he handed her some tissues to wipe her feet. He wanted to help her wipe it but spared himself the torture of getting ragged by his friends, Shilpa and Akku.

"Thank you, but I wish I could dig a hole right here. You ain't helping me. Just saying!" Shamita let out an embarrassed giggle.

Within less than a minute, she realised that besides wearing a navvari, the most challenging task in the world was to wipe dripping kumkum off the feet wearing a navvari

Within less than a minute, she realised that besides wearing a navvari, the most challenging task in the world was to wipe dripping kumkum off the feet wearing a navvari. She was scared of spoiling her saree. She knew why Raqesh hesitated to help her, but she looked up at him and made a sad baby face giving out a helpless look.

Nishant chimed, "Helpless vibes", "Come-be-a-good-husband vibes", "Help-kar-nahi-tou-batati hoon vibes."

Neha rolled her eyes, gave a thumbs down to Nishu and added, "Jealous vibes."

Raqesh looked at Neha, pleading with his eyes, to help Shamita. But Neha put her hands up.

Tai said laughing, "Now Raqa, it is not such a big deal. Go, help Shamita."

Just then, Pratik came from behind and quipped, "Shamita, I told you, you should have married me. I would have wiped your feet without giving it a second thought. Raqesh ko tou hum pandit bana detein."

"Kamine log," Shamita complained.

"Give now," Raqesh finally gave in and asked Shamz to pass him the tissues. "Pareshan kar ke rakh diya hai." "What ya Shamita Shetty Bapat, this is the last time, okay?"