Enter My Home and Heart, Love

Shamita looked at herself in the mirror. The red, yellow, gold navvari saree sat perfectly on her slender waist. The green, glass bangles that Tai had asked her to wear, jingled on her wrist as she adjusted her waist chain. She looked at the reflection of her white-kurta clad handsome husband headed towards her with a swag, and smilingly asked him, "What?"

"You!" he said looking right into her eyes affectionately.

They smiled at each other in a companionable silence. Without uttering a word the look on their faces told their partner how much they loved and valued each other and were happy to be together forever and ever.

In that silence Shamita lifted her hair from left side. Without being told Raq knew exactly what to do. She waited for him to tighten the strings of the thushi, the traditional Maharashtrian short necklace hugging her neck.

"On point!" Raqesh admired his wife in the mirror

"On point!" Raqesh admired his wife in the mirror. He nuzzled her hair, inhaling that familiar perfume that belonged to him now, along with the woman wearing it. "So you finally agreed to leave your hair open, huh Bapat?" he kissed her hair. His hands travelled down, encircling her waist. He drew tiny patterns on her bare stomach with his fingers, as if it was his canvas. It sent a slight shiver down Shamita's spine. She was not sure if it was his cold hands or just him.

It had been more than a year of being together. They were best friends, almost like buddies, but Raq still managed to make her feel like a school girl every time he touched her. "Hey Bhagwan, Bapat! Control!" she giggled. She turned to give him a stern look, "Oh, I am warning you. You better not spoil my hair, today, okay?"

"Shamita, aaj mujhe attitude diya tou ..."

"Nahi re baba. But can you please keep your hands and everything else to yourself right now," she said, creasing her eyebrows.

"Will this do, instead?" Raq planted a gentle open kiss on her neck and moved his lips towards her right ear, nibbling it softly.

"Baby, please. Can you stop now?" He was driving her insane, but Shams giggled. She was a little nervous today.

It was her first day in the Bapat household. They had landed in Pune late last night and had directly headed to Raqesh's part of the house without the traditional Gruhapravesh welcoming the new bride. Aai had invited the extended family and their close friends for the ceremony and Satya Narayan puja, today. She wanted to introduce everyone to her daughter-in-law since many couldn't travel for their destination wedding in Jodhpur.

All her life Shamita had been in the limelight. Despite the highs and lows, her identity as a film star preceded her. Everywhere she went, she got treated like one. More so in the last year or so after Bigg Boss, the stupendous success of her three music videos, two web series and the Dharma Productions' film she and Raqesh were working on together. But today, she wanted to cast aside her image as a film star and be just a wife, a daughter-in-law and a sister-in-law. Being an introvert, she had been misunderstood all her life. Now, she didn't want people to judge her or meet her with pre-conceived notions. She was more than aware of the love that enveloped her—Raq, Aai, Tai and the girls—and just wanted them all to be happy. Yet she was a tad bit anxious. She wanted the day to go well, uneventfully. She said a little prayer to Lord Shiva in her mind and turned to give Raq a tight hug. The warmth of his strong arms around her always managed to melt her stress away.