Have I Told You Lately That I Love You

At last, the ceremonies were over, much to Sha and Ra's delight. With the last of the guests gone after exchanging hugs and goodbyes, finally, they were alone.

Aai was tired and went to her room to rest. Tai was busy putting the house back in order along with the girls, and the house helps. Shamita insisted she'd stay to help, but Tai sternly refuted, "Today, I want you guys to unwind. The last ten days have been so busy." Giving Shamz a side hug, she declared affectionately, "The house is all yours tomorrow. Clean it as much as you want."

"No, no, no, Tai, please don't give her such ideas; otherwise, Shamita Shetty Bapat will be on Mission Amangal for me. She will only be spotted with jhaadu and katka, till death do us apart," Raq tried teasing Shamz. But in a women-dominated household, it wasn't surprising that testosterone lost to oestrogen.

The newlyweds quietly walked hand in hand to their room. They immediately plonked themselves on the bed, dead tired. Shamz reluctantly pulled herself out a few quiet moments later and walked to the dresser. "Come Raqu, undress me," she called out to her husband.

"Hain? Right now? It's not even night?" Raq was startled. He couldn't believe what Shamz had just said.

Raq's overenthusiastic reaction made her rethink her statement. She giggled, "Oh ho! Sirf ganda dimaag hai tumhara. Kabhi tou kuch achcha soch lo!"

"Achcha hi soch raha hoon. Aaja, let me show you kya achcha socha. Tell me where do I begin!" he winked, leaping out of bed. Grabbing his wife's wrist, he pulled her towards himself and held her in a tight hug, kissing her cheeks.

Shamita blushed a pale shade of carnation pink as she laughed and unsuccessfully tried to wriggle out of his clasp. The navvari was killing her. All she wanted was to get out of it. But for that she needed to remove the hundred and one pins she'd tucked all over to keep her saree in place. "Please baby, get me out of this," she pleaded.

"Any time! By the way, when I tried to help you wear the navvari you doubted my skills

"Any time! By the way, when I tried to help you wear the navvari you doubted my skills. How come you need my help, now?" he teased her.

"Clearly, my love, your talent lies in undressing rather than the other way round," she said mischievously, biting the corner of her lower lip.

"Obvio!" he guffawed. Pulling her even closer, he lowered his voice and whispered into her ears, playfully, "Come, let me practice my skills on you!"

"Bas, bas, baba! For now, just get me out of this thing. You have our whole life to show me your skills." Pushing him away gently, she turned her back to him, gesturing to remove the pins from behind.

"Saare romance ka kachra kar diya," Raq exaggerated his annoyance and removed the pins.

----------------

The two changed into comfortable clothes, free of the fineries at last. A shower later, they huddled on the couch.

Raq was checking out a quaint Portuguese villa in Goa, lying on Shamz's lap. She leaned over him looking at his phone screen, helping him plan their two-day, super short break. They were looking forward to a quiet getaway before their grand wedding reception in Mumbai. With a week to go, they needed to brace themselves for the event, which was to be attended by the entire film industry.