7

I MANAGED TO GET out in the crowd, quickly taking off the mask and putting my knife back in its holder.

It was nice and cool when we got outside, kind of refreshing to say the least. Red and blue flashing lights and the sirens announced the oncoming police.

I kept my cool, walking down the street in the throngs of the still freaking out crowd. They kept bumping into me and almost knocked me down several times.

I had reserved a hotel right after I left the house that was nearby the club. Darling hubby said he wasn't going to be home tonight because he'd be fucking some lowlife whore. Well, he didn't say that, but I can read between the lines. I was sure as hell NOT going to spend the night in that cold and quiet house. This was the next best thing.

I rubbed my neck to ease the aches and pains. I was very precise in my handiwork that I barely got any blood on my hands. I might as well be an expert. Oh wait... I am.

Despite all the madness that just happened the night sky was clear of clouds. I stared up at the stars as I walked to the hotel. I usually didn't kill in spite but something about him threatening to bitch to my husband just pissed the fuck off. It would've ruined my night of "fun."

I laughed to myself, quietly, finally alone. My thumb hooked onto the straps of the backpack as I got closer to the building. All I could now see what a good night's sleep ahead of me. And man, don't I need one. I haven't really slept peacefully since marrying the Devil.

I burst through the entrance doors, startling the attendant behind the desk.

"I reserved a room earlier," I told him, standing in front of him. Glancing at his nametag and back up at him. Greg.

He blinked and cocked his head, seemingly friendly and bored. "Name?"

"Raven Morrgen."

He did some typing in his computer and then smiled. "Ah yes, Mrs. Morrgen. One queen size bed." He turned around, raking his finger across the keycards until he found the correct one, the rollie chair moving with him. "Continental breakfast starts at 4:30am and ends at 10:00. If you would like access, then make sure you come between then. Checkout is from 11am to 2pm; if you try to leave after that then there will be a fee added onto your card." Greg recited, handing me the key. He smiled, saying, "If you have any questions or need anything, call the number on the info card when you get in your room. Have a nice stay at The Blue Rose."

"Thanks," I said, my voice monotone. I glanced at the card, 408. I walk into the elevator, pressing 4. Before the door shut, the hotel's door opened revealing a man in dark clothing, white-blond hair. He looked familiar, much like the guy I saw at the club. I guess he was following me, and I didn't even notice. If he really the guy I was supposed to meet, then I'd be ready for a confrontation.