c3 - black eyes and realization 🎈

bennys pov
_________

"What about y/n?" squints asked. me and squints were now on the topic of girls and on our way to the sandlot. he brought it up when we started talking about wendy peffercorn. "what about y/n" i replied.

"no.no.no...don't give me that idiotic answer. we all know damn straight you got this raging, heartwarming, loving, caring, sexua-"

i cut him off before he could say anything else. only god knows what comes out of his perverted mouth.
"ok squints i-i get it man" i said before taking a hand off of his mouth.   "just sayin" he mumbled.  "man...i-i don't know. i mean i like her...a lot but-"

"but what?"

"i feel like i just don't got time for girls, ya know? like i need to focus on baseball"  i said. at this point i was really contemplating if i liked her or not.  but i'm 99% sure i do.

"well i mean it's your decision man. just...don't screw it up. she's a smokin hot chick cuz if you don't want her, i'll take it and tap it". squints said before walking into the sandlot.  

i sighed.
good god i thought.

As i walked in everybody looked at me confused.   "...what?"    "where's y/n?" yeah-yeah asked. 
"oh she's..uh..inviting someone"  
"who?"  he said
"um..y'all know that blond boy that we saw yester-".       "HIM?! THE GUY WHO CANT PLAY FOR SHIT?! HAHAHAH".  ham screamed.

everyone started laughing uncontrollably on the ground while i was just standing there rubbing the back of my neck. 
"guys...GUYS" i yelled
everyone then quickly settled down. "okay look. i know y'all hate him or whatever but it's lowkey rude to be teasing him like that. i mean..y'all couldn't play for shit at first".

bertram looked at me suspiciously
"so you're taking her side now?" he chuckled

"wow it's like you've taken a liking to her"
kenny then joined in

"yeah man. almost like you love her or some shit to the point where you trait us" he shooked his head

god damn

"o-okay i did not say all of that okay i-i"
"nah man that's exactly what you said"
everyone soon started laughing at me
"y'all YALL chill"   the sandlot was filled with a bunch of laughs and a yelling....me?
they never stopped teasing me about liking    y/n. god. was it true?
______
your pov

As i finished washing my face i got dressed in a brown cropped tank top with blue shorts. along with a blue zip up and some blue chucks.

i grabbed my gear and headed out the door

i grabbed my gear and headed out the door. as i was walking towards the sandlot, i remembered my bet with benny. ah shit
i walked to the little boys house. i remember he lives close because i saw him and his dad faintly moving boxes to the house. i stepped on the last step. here goes nothin

i knocked three single knocks and not too long later a woman with red lipstick and auburn hair answered the door.
"oh hello sweetie. how are you!"
"oh i'm good miss...?".  "miss smalls but call me lisa!"   
"oh okay miss lisa? um i was wondering if you had a boy that's blonde and yea high"  i moved my hands to show how tall i thought the boy was.
"oh yes! Scotty! I quite do. i'll get him for ya. while your at it you can come in". she opened the door wider.    "oh um thank you"
"have some cookies and coffee i just brewed a new batch" she said, smiling while walking into the hallway.

soon enough the boy i saw earlier came out
"h-hi" he spoke "oh hey. um scotty right?"
"y-yeah that's me"
"okay well scotty do ya like baseball?"
"yea but i never played before"
i though a second before responding.
"you've got a glove?"

___
me and scotty were now in my backyard with our gloves on. he had a...plastic glove...but it didn't matter. i think

"okay scott i'm gonna throw the ball alright? make sure wherever the ball goes, your glove goes also"     he nodded      "ready?"    he nodded again.

i tossed the ball lightly to him and he almost caught it but it ended up going a few inches past the glove.  
"that's it. you can open your glove a bit more"     "oh..alright". 
he walked over to me and placed the ball in my glove.   i looked down in disbelief.
'is this man fr?' i thought.  i shook the thoughts out of my head and started talking.

"um scott? you can throw it you know."     "right sorry" 
i threw the ball to him once again and he still didn't catch it.  "hey that's alright. just remember to keep your eye on the ball"
"mhm" he said nodding
i threw it too him but it ended up being a curveball.   "awh shit" i said

_____
bennys pov

As i walked back to my house i saw y/n heading to hers too.  "y/n!"
she looked back and smiled. i ran up to her

"so how'd it go with the blonde boy" i asked

she chuckled "scotty? well i ended up giving him a black eye when we were practicing throwing"

"dayummmm and today?" i teased.  she nudged my shoulder. "shut up"

"well what about you? did anything happened at the sandlot today" 
i stood there thinking what happened

"benny likes y/n!" the boys cooed
"i do not like her!" he said
all the boys started laughing at him more
"why you getting so defensive about it benny-man?" kenny laughed
"UGHH"

"uh..benny..BENNY!"  y/n screamed
"what?"
"you were just starin into space or sum. did you hear what i asked?"    "what did you ask?"
i looked back at her admiring her features.

god she's so pretty

she snapped me back into a trance. "huh?" i said.  she chuckled.  "i'm gonna go but i'll see you tomorrow tho. maybe later actually i might invite scott to play again" she said

"oh okay i'll see ya n/n"  i smiled
she smiled

wait

fuck

i like her