Chapter 23

Disclaimer: I don't own My Hero Academia

Warning: Cursing courtesy of Bakugo, it will be in ***. 

Note: Ren communicating will again be in "quotation marks" although he is not speaking out loud. All Mights speaking will be in all caps. 

3rd Person POV:

When Ren got back to class, he was met with robotic hand chopping. "Ah! Okami! I saw you running towards the Zero Pointer during the entrance exam. I must congratulate you on your deduction of the hidden portion of the exam!" 

It took quite a bit of Ren's self control to not attack Iida, the white haired boy had honestly thought he was being attacked for a moment and had tensed, ready to spring into motion. He relaxed as his brain finally caught up and pulled out his notebook to write a reply.  

"I didn't know their was a hidden portion to the exam, I was just helping because it's the right thing to do." 

Ren smiled shyly as Iida read his message out loud before complimenting him on being a "good hero" and a "role model". A kid with red hair, -Kirishima?, yelled out from where he was talking to a pink skinned student. "That is SO MANLY BRO!" 

From another side of the room the boy with the tape quirk called out. "Oh yeah! I remember you! Thanks again for helping me with that robot." the flustered white haired kid nodded, 

"It was no problem. Your quirk is really cool by the way!"

Nobody noticed as in the corner of the room, Bakugo was getting more and more tense. A selfless personality and a love of quirks. Even if he was all too young when his best friend disappeared, he still remembered those two vibrant aspects of Izuku's personality. 

It didn't help that Okami joined him at the back of the classroom after having slipped through the crowd of people. 

Bakugo was on his phone trying to ignore the painful memories floating in his mind when a sheet of paper with bright orange lettering was placed on his desk. Ignoring the paper and glancing up, the emotional dam that had been building up all day finally broke and Bakugo reacted in the way he usually does, anger. "LEAVE ME ALONE." he yelled at the surprised white haired boy as he grabbed the paper and crumpled it in his fist.

The class got silent before Kirishima spoke, "Hey Bakubro, that's not very nice-"

"DOES IT LOOK LIKE I CARE SH**TY HAIR?!" 

"Woah man, I was just saying." Kirishima backed off as Bakugo tsked and went back to glaring at his phone. 

Beside him Okami was awkwardly staring before sitting down at his desk and doodling. Although he'd like to say he doesn't care, seeing the hurt looks in Okami and shi-, Kirishima's faces made him curse once again his natural unfriendly demeanor. 

Over at his desk, Ren was drawing a park and a swing set. Something about Bakugo had brought up one of the rare buried memories of his childhood, most of which had been forgotten in favor of new memories made at the dump. Tilting his head in curiosity, he took the time to reorganize his thoughts: Bakugo has an explosion quirk, he yelled at me today but saved me during the entrance exam, he noticed when the noise got too loud and tried to help me, but most importantly, my instincts keep telling me that he's safe. 

Everything led to Ren feeling quite confused and overwhelmed, if this was what school was like, he's glad he was "homeschooled".

 Still, the opportunity to meet and possibly make friends who wouldn't care about his quirk status seemed like a wish come true. -Iida began to yell at Bakugo again-. Well, almost a wish come true.