The date

•MOLLYS POV•
We hopped out of his jeep and went inside of the Silver Diner.
It's a gorgeous place really, everything looks like its from the 80's and there's just a lot of vintage stuff in there.
"Table for two?" The waitress asks.
"Yes m'am" Shane replies.
We got a booth near the window sit beside each other, we start looking at the menu.
"What will it be for drinks today?" The waitress asks. I went first
I'll have a sweet tea.
"I'll have a diet coke."
Before we do anything, Shane says
"So.. This is it, our first date."
It's so nice in here, and being here with you makes it even better, I reply. The waitress comes up to ask what are orders are
"What are you getting Molly?"
I'll have the shrimp pasta, you?
I'll have the chicken fried chicken, thank you.
We hand the waitress our menus and continue talking.
I heard you find out a lot by a person from their biggest fears. What are yours Shane?
"I'm scared of heights, snakes, and heartbreak."
The waitress comes over with our food which looks so good since I am beyond starving. I continue the conversation by saying,
Cool cool.. Mine are the dark, death, and heights,
favorite color?
"Blue."
of course...
I really hope the German test is easy tomorrow.. I barely studied.
"I didn't either.. I was too busy with football It gets so hard to manage everything."
Tell me about your life Shane, since you know everything about mine haha
"Well I have an older brother that went to Princeton.. I mean how could you beat that? My parents literally throw it in my face every time I screw up in school. Um.. My parent's are both doctors, they met each other in med school, ummm I have two dogs named Cassie and Riley, I live in a neighborhood... I think that's enough now you talk."
Okay soo.. I have four younger brothers..
"WOW."
yeah, I know, their age range is from 9-14, they're little brats who barely talk to me..umm.. My dad's a construction worker, my mom's a dentist, they don't talk to me but my mom is trying now that I told her "how I felt" shes trying.., They met each other in college, I have a cat named Daisy. That's it.
Fascinating, he said as he smiled at me.
I take my last bite of pasta and Shane puts the check on the table.
I scooted closer to him and held his hand as I grabbed his face and kissed him.
"You ready to go?" he asked.
Yes I am.
We got into the jeep and just sat in there for a minute
"You know, tonight was absolutely perfect, I love you Molly Murler."
I love you Shane Wilkins.
I leaned my head on his shoulder the whole way back.
I walked into my house and told my mom all about it.
"I'm glad you had fun sweetie." she says in a kind voice.
"And also, Molly, I never gave you a full reason why I haven't been too close with you, would you like to hear?"
Of course mom.
There's no excuse for the way I treated you, work has been super busy since we moved to our new location over a year ago, and I haven't remembered to check on you. You're such a independent young lady, I trust you so much and I knew you could take care of yourself, I'm so sorry Molly. Your father is a dick sometimes so just give him some time."
I forgive you mom, I love you.
I hug her for the first time in forever and it felt so good, I miss her hugs.
I don't feel so alone anymore, and I actually am happy with my life, crazy huh?
----------------------------------------------------
(AN: OVER 300 READS!! Thank you guys so much it means the world:), also sorry this chapters short, It's an hour past the time I should be going to sleep and its a school night, please vote if you like this chapter!!)