He's a Danger

Katerina

We could have been miles away from here by now, but we weren't. Why? Because Mom refused to step one foot out the door and I was beginning to lose my patience as the sun began to go down.

Krissy was in her room watching T.V. as Mom and I stood in the kitchen arguing while Aleu lay on the counter between us wagging her tail pleased with Mom's stubbornness.

"No, no, I'm not leaving," Mom said shaking her head as she bit her fingernails as she absently stared at the wall. "I'm not leaving. I'm not leaving."

"Mom, we don't have a choice, don't you understand?" I replied leaning against the counter frustrated. "We're better off leaving before-"

"No, no," Mom continued to shake her head, "Better here. I'm better here."

"Mom, we're done discussing this," I frowned, "we're leaving tonight."

"No! No!" Mom cried, "we'll stay here! I'm happy here..."

"We can't," I frowned, "We've been here two years already. We have to go before Peter suspects anything. Don't you understand?"

"No! No! Peter's okay," Mom said, "we've been here for two years and we were fine. We are fine."

"But that's the problem," I frowned before bringing up another one of my worries, "this will be the third year that Mr. Andrew asks to have the Ally Barbecue in Luminescent Moon. That's going to raise suspicion. We have to go."

"No, no," Mom said shaking her head before beginning to bite her nails nervously as she looked at the counter. "I want to stay here."

"Mom," I said as she ducked down and hid behind the counter. I went around the counter so I could see her as she was sitting on the floor with her knees hugged to her chest as her back was against the counter's cupboard.

"Live here...like before," Mom said nodding her head as she looked at the stove in front of her.

"Before what?" I asked.

"Before Michael..." Mom replied, "before pain."

"Before Dad?" I said confused for a moment.

"Oh, someone's in trouble," Aleu caught on faster than I did. My eyes widened in realization.

"You used to live here?!" I shouted angry making Mom flinch in her spot from the rise in my voice. "And you never told me?! How could you risk Krissy like that?!" My temper connected with Aleu slightly and a bit of a dominating aura from my beta blood emanated from me.

Mom didn't say anything as she held her head in her hands and shook her head. Since we gotten to Sky View, Mom had improved. I see that, but that progress seemed to just as easily slipped the more I mentioned leaving. I took a deep breath as I stared at Mom as she continued to sit on the floor and shake her head while the rest of her body trembled. I turned away from her feeling my anger rise the more I looked at her. I ducked my head in my hands as I tried to calm my anger. Is it because he came here first when we ran? It doesn't really matter...We're at risk. How could she hide this? How did I not know about this earlier? My mate was not the only threat now, so was Peter. What if he knew Mom's original pack was Sky View? Would he come here searching? Why hadn't he come sooner? No, none of that matters. Mr. Andrew not having the Ally Barbecue in Sky View would draw suspicion with that knowledge. I took another deep breath to regain my composure before turning and kneeling beside my mother.

"Mom, does Peter know you're from here?" I asked. "Does he know your connection to Sky View?"

Mom hesitantly nodded her head and I let out a defeated sigh.