Chapter 6

Mrs. Kim invited Jennie for dinner. Jisoo, on the other hand, was still wondering if they new each other because it seems like it. Jennie sat beside the raven while Mr. and Mrs. Kim sat across them on the dinner table.

The atmosphere was silent until Mrs. Kim decided to break it, "Jennie, how's your Mom doing?"

Jennie swallowed her food before answering, "She's doing good but she's staying at the hospital more than she usually does... to take care of my Dad."

What Jennie said made Jisoo take glance at her. She didn't know such informations about Jennie.

"I met your Mom at the park once, she helped me when someone stole my purse. Our second encounter was at the hospital, it was when your Dad was rushed inside," Mrs. Kim stated.

"Yeah, I remember," The brunette said.

"What happened to your Father?" Jisoo couldn't help but ask.

"He got into a car accident," Jennie softly said.

"Oh. I-I'm sorry to hear that," The raven said.

"Yeah me too. Anyway, the food is delicious. Did you make it, Mrs. Kim?" Jennie asked, trying to change the subject.

"Yes, I did," Mrs. Kim chuckled.

Jisoo focused back to her plate as she puts a forkful of rice into her mouth and started chewing.

"Are you two together?" Mr. Kim's question made Jisoo almost choke on her food.

"Dad!"

"What?"

"Why would you ask that?" The raven said, she noticed Jennie trying to hold her laughter beside her.

"Well, are you?"

"No!"

"Honey, Jisoo has a boyfriend. Don't you remember?" Mrs. Kim said.

"Yeah, but you can have both boyfriend and a girlfriend," Mr. Kim laughed which made Jennie chuckle.

"Stop teaching your daughter things like that. Besides, she isn't gay. Right?" What Mrs. Kim said caught Jisoo off guard.

Both Jennie and Mr. Kim also looked at her, waiting for her answer.

"I'm not," The raven said, quickly gazing back to her food.

"See? I told you," Mrs. Kim chuckled.

Jennie took a quick glance at Jisoo before she continued eating her meal.

~

"Thank you for the dinner, Mrs. Kim. It was lovely," Jennie said politely.

"No problem. Say Hi to your Mom for me," Jisoo's Mom replied.

"I will sure do," The brunette smiled as she steps out of the house and faced both Mother and daughter.

"Bye Jennie," Jisoo said, giving her a warm smile in which the brunette returned without hesitation.

"Bye Jisoo."

Jennie slid inside her car and started the engine before going off to her house. The thoughts about a certain raven girl started occupying her mind. Jennie shook her head as if it was going to shook off the thoughts of Jisoo as well.

She focused her eyes on the road and continued driving. Not a matter of time, she finally arrived home and entered the house.

"Where have you been?" Jennie was surprised to see her Mom in the living room.

"Sorry, I... I just s-stopped by a friend's house," Jennie stuttered.

"And who might that friend be?"