Chapter 7

Jisoo's POV

I woke up from my nap, completely oblivious to the fact that I was still at school. Because the professor gave us a lot of free time, I used it to take a nap because I hadn't been able to get enough sleep the night before because Jennie kept calling me. I'm not sure how she got my phone number but it was getting me really annoyed.

As soon as the bell rang, I finally got out of my seat. When I walked out of the room, Jennie was standing in front of my locker, which didn't surprise me. She tries to approach me as soon as our eyes connected, but I had already walked away from her.

It didn't stop Jennie from following me, she called my name over and over again, but I ignored her. Jennie isn't someone I hate or despise. I even forgave her. I know she regrets what she did. I'm just not sure if hanging out with her is a good thing.

She was able to stop me by holding my arm and made me face her.

"I'm busy," I said.

"No you're not," she explained, "because I have your schedule, and it says here that you're free after every Monday class."

"How did you get my schedule? You know that's creepy, right?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I don't care if it's creepy. I just need you to talk to me, Jisoo. I didn't do anything, okay? It was Irene, I swear. The note you received from your locker? That was certainly Irene's handwriting, and I can't be wrong. She even admitted it," Jennie explained.

"She did?" Jennie nodded.

"Jisoo, please. I'm sorry for everything I did, I can't have you hating me too," She trailed off, facing down.

I had her look at me after hearing her sniff, and I was surprised to see tears welling up in her eyes.

"Why are you crying?" I asked, reaching into my bag for a little tissue to wipe the tears that had finally escaped her eyes. It's unusual to see Jennie in this state. Until tonight, I had never seen or heard her cry.

She began to sob, which made me concerned and nervous.

"Jennie, what's wrong? Stop crying, okay? I forgive you, let's forget about it, alright? Please, stop crying," I said but she still didn't stop so I pulled her into a hug.

She cried on my shoulders as I gently rubbed her back to calm her. When she did, she stood up straight and faced me after wiping her tears.

"I like you."

Those words stunned me.

"What?" I blinked a few times.

"Jisoo, I like you. I know, it sounds strange, but it's how I feel. I've never liked anyone the way I like you. No, I mean, I've never liked anyone until you. And dealing with these feelings is really difficult for me. I don't know how or when it started, but I'm certain that I like you," Jennie explained.

I'm still at a loss for words, and her expression aren't helping at all. Something about Jennie's eyes drew my attention. Something so deep.

"It's okay if you don't like me, I would understand. I just want to tell you how much I regret what I did. That was very selfish and immature of me. I shouldn't have done what I did. And if there is something I can do to make it up to you, please tell me."

"J-Jennie, look I reall-"

"Jisoo?"

I was interrupted by a man's voice, which caused both Jennie and myself to turn around to see who it was.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as Hae-in approached us.

"Your Mom told me to pick you up," He said, his hands occupied with the car keys as he plays with it. He looked at Jennie weirdly and turned to look at me again.