Tension

We all woke up the next morning, Slayer, Shadow, Ash, Abbey, AJ, and I were the first to get up, as Oscar, Shock, Ezra, and Crow were still sleeping. Slayer and I were talking together in the lounge area about random subjects, I don't really know what Abbey and AJ were up to but it was definitely making me worry about them. Shadow started making food in the kitchen, and the others started to get up smelling the breakfast they were cooking. After we all ate dinner, I looked around worried for my friends safety. Michael just got murdered, there's no way to contact the police, and it'll take days if not a week to walk back into town. What if AJ and Abbey were the ones to murder Michael? What if one of us were next on the list. I love all my friends I don't want to lose any of them, I don't need my nightmares to come true in real life. As my brain thought these concerning thoughts I didn't realize that a conversation has started.
•-~=~-•
     "Hey, should we all go swimming at the beach to have fun and hang out?" Slayer asked, "I mean, this is supposed to be a vacation anyway."
   "How is this a vacation," Abbey started saying. "When Michael was murdered!! I can't relax with that! What if I'm next?! I'm too young to die!" At this I snapped out of my thoughts realizing I started to cry silently.
  "Abbey shut up will you!? You made Kai start to cry! We're all stressed out about this! And you aren't making this any better! Why don't we all just try to keep our minds off of this and do what Slayer suggested?" Shadow said angrily, looking concerned at me.
   "What? N-no, that's not why I'm crying.." I said quietly, starting to get anxious and self conscious that they noticed I was crying from my thoughts in my head. I got up, rushing back to the room to try to calm myself down as I realized I was shaking.