Isolation, Loneliness and Resentment

September 8th 1991. To start with it had been one long awkward week in Percy and Oliver's dorm. However it was worse in the great hall, around everyone, around the positive energy that quite frankly neither of the pair had. Around them both was this strange sense of isolation and loneliness.

Isolation the process or fact of isolating or being isolated

Loneliness the sadness because one has no friends or company.

The sense of isolation and loneliness was a common thing around Percy. Always had been, he was isolated from his entire family. His entire family seemed to be in pairs, Bill and Charlie, Fred and George, Ron and Ginny. Percy was completed isolated, he'd always gotten along with Bill and Charlie but they were inseperatable, Percy didnt fit that. Better yet they'd both left him. Alone. Alone at school, on the train, even in his room, or at dinner. Anywhere and everywhere and Percy hated it. In a way this caused a sort of resentment from Percy towards his family. However, now he felt more alone then ever, atleast in the past in a roundabout sort of way he still had Oliver. His presence was still there so he never was truely alone. He wasnt alone because he could hear Oliver turning the pages of his books or writing down notes for classes or quidditch or even slamming his draws closed because he had lost something. But now he'd mocked Oliver for his intelligence and he had been mocked for his isolation,  and he hated it so much because he knew it was true, he knew compared to his brothers he was difficult to get along with and alot to deal with, just too much.

Resentment the bitter indigation at having been treated unfairly.

Oliver faced a different sense of isolation and loneliness to Percy, but also fairly similar. He knew people thought he was stupid, even his mother called him stupid but what could he do about it. It wasn't the fact he was lacking intelligence that made him feel isolated, it was the fact he couldn't concentrate that made him feel isolated. His lack of his ability to focus and it made him silent, he couldn't tell anyone could he? How weird would he look for saying he couldn't concentrate, even his quidditch team, one of the few things he could concentrate on, would laugh at him, Oliver was fully under the illusion that he had to isolated this part of himself to not be isolated, to be liked by everyone. He had to be popular he felt like he didnt have anything else going for him, and well Percy really proved that to him during their argument. Sometimes he had heard Percy talking to himself while studying or Oliver knocked over his piles of notes and books, by accident of course, so he'd apolgise and that would be that. No long lasting affects, part of him wondered if it would be the same this time.

Of course the two were far too awkward to apolgise, so Fred and George took matters into their own hands, locking the pair in their dorm, smirking and laughing as they shoved their older brother into his dorm.

"For merlins sake get off me! Both of you" Percy exclamed as he fell into his dorm the door closing quickly, looking up as he heard Oliver speak.

"Take it this wasnt your idea then?" Oliver smiled a little joking obvious. Clearing his throat when the other boy glared at him. "I'm kidding, merlin sake. Can you stop glaring at me? I get your annoyed at me and I'm sorry for what I said I truely am." he looked at him going silent thinking the other wasn't going to respond.

"I suppose in a way I'm sorry as well, I shouldn't of brought your intelligence levels into an argument" Percy nodded moving to sit on his own bed grabbing a book figuring they'd be a while and attempting to making sure there wouldn't be another arugment he shut his curtains before starting to read.

Awkward? No.

Isolated? A bit but not fully anymore.

Lonely? Not as much.

Friends? Never.