00

"once upon a time, long, long ago.

     well, more like twenty years ago.

     belle married her beast in front of six thousand of their closest, personal friends. big cake.

     yeah, so instead of a honeymoon, beast united all of the kingdoms and got himself elected 'king of the united states of auradon'. fancy title and a fancy job. then, he rounded up all of the villains, sidekicks, and practically every other cool person, booting them off to the isle of the lost with a magical barrier to keep them there. no magic, no wi-fi, and absolutely no way out.

     or so i thought."

・・

     the future king of auradon's eyes were fixated on the isle of the lost as his left arm was yanked upwards by a man who was measuring him. "sleeve. head." as the word 'head' was spoken, the man grabbed prince ben by the chin and forced his attention away from the window. with ben now facing forward, he continued his work.

     the current king and queen of auradon (and ben's parents) walked through the open door of the room, kind adam's voice announcing their presence, "how is it possible that you are going to be crowned king in a month? you're just a baby."

     queen belle spoke up, "he's turning sixteen dear." she started to clean up some things in the room, half of her attention on the conversation.

     ben tried to speak over his parents, "uh pops-" but was cut off by his father, "sixteen!" he exclaimed. "that's far too young to be king. i didn't make a good decision till i was at least fourty-two."

     belle scoffed, "uh, you decided to marry me at twenty-eight," turning and looking at ben's father. "well, it was either you or a teapot." king adam's attempt at a joke wasn't appreciated by his wife, but his son laughed, nonetheless. "kidding", the king added. 

     with a brief, and somewhat awkward, silence, ben decided maybe now was the best to start speaking. "mom, dad," he moved towards his parents. he was then cut off with a few "ah ahs" from the man measuring him, causing him to stop moving.

     he started to speak again,"i've chosen my first official proclamation." that sure got his parents' full, undivided attention. "i've decided that the children on the isle of the lost should be given a chance to live here in auradon." his mother dropped the shorts she was holding, and his father gave ben a wary look, but ben still continued, "every time i look out to the isle, i feel like they've been abandoned."

     king adam took the chance to talk, "the children of our sworn enemies? living among us?" ben took the chance to explain, "we start out with five, only the ones that need our help the most. i've already chosen them."

     "have you?" but the former beast was stopped by belle, "i gave you a second chance." she then turned to her son, "who are their parents?"

     the prince took a deep breath before answering, "cruella de vil, jafar, the evil queen, maleficent, and gaston." ben did his best to rush the last two, knowing the uprising it would cost. the first three were somewhat tame, but he knew how his father would react to the other two.

     not only did the names shock the tailor in the room, but it angered his father. "maleficent? she is the worst villain in the land." ben tried to cut in, but his father spoke over him, "and gaston? that man almost killed me to get to your mother." belle put a hand on her husband's arm. 

     "dad, their children are innocent. don't you think that they deserve a shot at normal life, just like us?" ben didn't even notice that the room was just the three of them now. "dad?" he pleaded.

     with the look of his son and his wife, the king calmed down and spoke again, "i suppose the children are innocent." and on that, he turned and started to leave the room, waiting for his wife at the door.

     belle looked at her son and smiled, fixing his blazer, "well... well done." before turning around and accompanying her husband out the door.

     ben turned back towards the window and stared at the isle of the lost, fiddling idly with his golden ring. this would be a success; he was sure of it.

𝐀 𝐔 𝐓 𝐇 𝐎 𝐑 𝐒

𝐍 𝐎 𝐓 𝐄 :

the songs will probably not be 'sung' by the characters in this book only because im not really sure where to put gwen into that and it may just feel awkward. but they will still be mentioned. (if you have any ideas to input the songs that would be great! please let me know!)

( 736 words )