Picture perfect

The day had been long but Luka was on a mission, the college day was coming to an end and he had no idea where to start looking for Apple.

Luka knew it wasn't as simple as asking someone 'Hey, you know a girl called Apple Brady?' he knew better than that, he knew rumors spread like wildfire in his college, and fake ones at that and he didn't want that kind of attention.

Fake or not, he didn't want to deal with the childish drama of college teenagers, he just wanted to find her, but how do you find someone who is basically invisible?

He hated that word invisible, but since lunch he had not spotted her once, meaning they don't share any classes together, the college was huge and it would take him time to scout about without people asking questions.

The last thing Luka wanted was someone poking into his business, so he needed to do this without getting noticed, which sounded easy if it wasn't for the fact that Luka was sought after in this college, like a gold coin he knew he had 'fans' and they were intense.

Looking at the last text message he had sent her, he couldn't believe that she had blocked him for saying such a simple thing, it was true what he said and he meant no offense, but she most probably took offense to it.

Talking to a girl shouldn't be this hard, neither should finding one be, but there he was completely into finding Apple.

Luka decided to skin last period of class and scout through the halls, all while avoiding the hall monitor just to peek into classrooms to see if he could spot the girl with long brown hair and big honey eyes, that was the only thing he remembers about her doll-like features.

What was it about her that made him do something so strange? He knew that she didn't want to speak to him, or else she would've by now, so why was he going through the effort to talk to her when she clearly didn't want to speak to him?

Now he felt stupid, he was acting like a stalker.

Right there, he decided he would stop whatever he was doing, the bell was going to ring in twenty so he decided to just call it a day, so he went to his locker to grab his things and head towards his car in the student parking lot.

To the left he heard the yells and laughs of students during physical ed, he saw a bunch of girls playing football on the field, but they weren't playing but more playing around, the teacher looked bored from where Luka was standing.

He watched timidly whilst he walked to his car, he heard the teacher blow the whistle making all the students stop what they were doing and get ready to go back in to change, just then when he was about to stop looking, something caught his eye.

Long brown hair, pale skin that stood out surrounded by girls with a summer glow.

Could it be her? He wondered, almost unintentionally he stopped and walked forward until he was standing near the fence to the field as he watched the back of her as she stood alone amongst the other girls.

She was slim, too slim, and too pale, but there was a certain uniqueness to her that he couldn't figure out, he disliked most things about her but he couldn't rip his eyes away from her.

Luka watched her turn and almost immediately, her eyes found his, or so he thought, her hair was too long and her fringe covered most of her eyes, but he liked to think she saw him, just to know he was looking at her.