Surprise (Part 2)

The whole ride Jake kept trying to trick me into telling him where we are going.

Boy, it's hard to keep surprises from someone because I almost told him. Okay. Maybe it was because of his cute puppy eyes but Yeah it's not my fault that the guy I like was making cute faces, trying to get information out of me and I almost told him. So Yeah It's not my fault.

As we were getting close to the destination, I asked Jake to close his eyes. I know it's childish but I want to see a genuine surprise reaction from him. I forced him to close his eyes.

W reached the art gallery and I took his hands and guided him in front of the entrance, the whole time Jake keep asking me if he can open his eyes and I can understand his curiosity because I would too keep asking if I was in place. Finally, I asked him t open his eyes. He opened his eyes, first, he looked at me and then towards the entrance, and God that was the reaction I was dying to see.

His mouth and eyes were wide open as he saw the Art gallery. He first looked at me and then gallery like he couldn't believe it. Suddenly he picked me up and twirled me around and due to this surprise I shrieked and people surrounding us stopped to look at me. Embarrassing.

"Oh my god Ally, How do you know I wanted to see this exhibition? How did you get the ticket? Did Sarah tell you?" He asked all excited. It was cute.

"Actually I just knew that you like to see Art exhibitions and I asked my mom to get me tickets as one of her friend works here and I genuinely didn't know you wanted to see this particular one," I said, little surprised that coincidently I got ticked to the same exhibition he was wishing to see. Glad I did though.

"Ally, Do you know how hard is it to get tickets here?"

"Ummm. No, I didn't."

"I was trying for the tickets for the last 15 days and I failed. Take a guess."

Well, right now I am feeling very proud that my surprise was more than successful. Seeing him all excited makes the effort worth it.

"Should we go inside?" I said

"Yeah. Of course." He said.

I can't begin to describe how excited Jake was. How his eyes were shinning looking at the Art piece. How he was so excited to talk about what he liked in it and describe it to me. It was like a small child getting excited after getting a new toy. I was smiling the whole time looking at him smiling.

After the Art gallery, we went to get dinner. After dinner, we decided to take a cab back home. Jake asked the driver to stop a little distance before my house so that we can take a little walk back home. Nothing is more romantic than a walk with the person you like. Walking together, hand in hand, laughing, playing, and talking.

We reached my home.

Jake took my hand and pulled me towards himself and said," Ally, I loved everything about today. I am really happy and thankful and I don't know what else to say. I was speechless today, It was the first time someone aside from my family planned something for me. Thank you so much for today." After this, he looked at my lips and then I felt a soft, warm feeling on my lips and I closed my eyes. He hugged me more tightly and I did the same.

I guess people are right.

Being in the arms of your loved one is the best feeling in the world.