Cahpter 4

20 minutes later we were shopping in Victoria's Secret. Ansley kept holding up options but in reply I gave a grunt of disapproval. They were all too showy or inappropriate. She held up a white lacy bra. "No.." I said. "How about this, I'll do the underwear shopping and you go into old navy and pick out an outfit?" I nodded and ran out. I headed over to Old Navy. I saw a pair of jean capris that looked nice but then I remembered that I was pretty now and pretty people wear pretty clothes. I finally decided on a light blue skater skirt and a black short sleeved skirt. I knew Ans would want a full outfit so I picked out a pair of white converse and a pack of golden bangles. Then I saw her in my view and I hurried over to her with my new outfit. I almost dropped my onsomble when I saw how many bags she had with the V.S. Logo on it. How much underwear did I need?! She grinned mischievously when she saw my face and I groaned. "That's a good outfit choice! Let's find some more outfit bases though" she complemented. I grinned. I liked shopping.

2 hours later I had tons of bags filled with shorts, shoes, skirts, jeans, tanktops, crop tops, and accessories. We only spent half of the money on the card but we decided that we would go shopping again. We then wandered to the food court in search of some fries. After we sat down Ansley had a look on her face that I knew meant trouble. "Ok, now that you look the part you need to act the part." She started. "I want you to go over their and get one of those guys' number" she said pointing to a group of guys that I recognized from our rival school. Even though I didn't get out much, I tried to go to a football game every once in a while. "I can do this" I said out loud. Ansley giggled at my silliness. I then got up thinking about the saying "you only live once". "Hey! I was wondering if any of you guys wanted to go out some time?" I said confidently. Immediately I had papers being shoved at my with sloppy numbers scrawled on them. I strutted away only turning back to give one of the guys a wink. I sat back down next to a squealing Ansley. "I have no idea how you did it, but that was great!" I flipped my hair in mock braggery. She stuck her tounge out at me and then we got up to leave.

I was nervous on my way back to my house. What if my parents weren't as chill about my makeover as I was. My mom always tries to get me to wear nicer stuff or put on makeup by dropping subtle hints. Sometimes it was a statement directed to me or she would buy me a nice shirt or a thing of lipgloss. All of it ended up in the bottom of my toiletry case or in the black of my drawers. But for some odd reason, my parents cars weren't there. I told Ansley to come inside with me so we could see what's up. We walked into the kitchen when I spotted a note. It read: Sorry Ash, but we aren't coming home till next Sunday. Your grandmother is not doing so well so we flew up to Canada to visit her. Give us a call, we love you<3 -mommy and pa.
After I called my mom and realized my granny was was hospital ridden, my heart sagged low in my chest. But Ansley invited me to spend the week with her so I wasn't alone. I don't know what I would do without her right now...

--------------------------------------an---------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the 81 views! Please only nice comments tho! Xoxox