Chapter 2

July 5, 6:57 AM: After my sister finished gobbling down about 200 bad-tasting waffles, Susie dragged me to our room. About halfway there we ran my best and only friend on the stupid planet, Andromeda Caned.  After my sister finished gobbling down about 200 bad-tasting waffles, Susie dragged me to our room. About halfway there we ran into my best (and only) friend on this stupid planet, Andromeda Caned. "Hey guys," she said cheerfully, "I thought you were going to sleep in this morning." "Yeah I decided not to," I responded, "Someone who I won't name wanted waffles". Susie put her arm around my shoulder. "Those waffles are delicious," Susie said indignantly. Andromeda smiled and asked"I haven't had breakfast yet will you come with me?" Okay," I say with a smile. Also with a smile, she started to walk to the cafeteria. I told Susie to go back to our room and tell mom where I was, "I will tell her that you're eating breakfast with your girlfriend." I turned red from embarrassment after what Susie had said, luckily Andromeda didn't notice. As we were walking Andromeda told me about the book she was writing, which is an action story about a lawyer named Starr Sawyer. In the story, Starr goes on a mission to try to find his missing boyfriend Wilbur. In the middle of the story, Starr finds Wilbur and Wilbur tells Starr about some deep dark conspiracy that has been going on forever and the conspirators are under the control of a man who calls himself the "Dark Phoenix". Andromeda was describing this to me as if I hadn't already heard it about a billion times. I think she had gone over it about ten times yesterday, she was obsessed with writing the story. She stopped suddenly staring at the floor. "What is it?" I asked "There is a crack in the floor and it keeps going that way" She pointed left. We ran left towards the greenhouse where a local botanist had been trying to grow fresh food, trying and not succeeding. I loved sitting in the greenhouse because it was one of the only places with windows but it is a little scary since it was next to the cliff. I hear the sound of hissing air from the greenhouse. I grab an emergency oxygen mask just in case and we head into the greenhouse.