41

She walked out of the station with the bag tagged along with her. She was sleepy too sleepy to walk with a bag. She looked at the time. It was 6:43 it read.

"Abhi toh metro hogi yah nahi" rickshaw drivers were pitching in to get into their rickshaw and they would make them reach their destinations. She preferred the metro to the rickshaw ride as she found it safe and convenient. Walking out of the station she wouldn't ever imagine to have found him standing there probably waiting for her. To say the least she was taken back and touched with the gesture. She knew it was too early to be up in an almost winter morning and travel distance. It being for her overwhelmed her, but she had a smile seeing him. All the words she heard and had them haunt her evaded in thin air seeing him. There was a belief in her that no matter what happens she would find him around her, as he always has been until now, standing to shield her from any harm coming her way. Not that her parents were her enemy but the decision they were ready to take up wasn't something that she liked. She wanted to study and to achieve something before she decided to settle. And what surprised her was the mean who pictured in her thoughts was him, who was standing a few steps away from him, in his T-shirt and track pants, unkempt but perfect, her Sidharth.

She paced pushing away the crowd to reach him and just stare him for while. Being away from him, not seeing him around not getting the opportunity to talk to him, the missing exchange of words between the two were the elements that pushed her to the epiphany about her feelings. She knew it now, that he was special. She has known it for days now, but now it was established and undettering. Seeing her almost jogged towards him put him in a daze of happiness. Knowing that she wanted to meet him as much as he did, that she missed him as much as he did, that seeing him made her smile the same as he did leave his body to surge the hormone of oxytocin and rush into his body with great fervor. It was established what this meant, what she meant to him, how she was becoming important every day and making her space in his heart, that she somehow had started ruling his senses, and how every time with her he is bound to be blind to everything that is happening around, as if with her in vision everything blurs to be non-existing. She is his happy pill.

Taking him by surprise and putting him off guard instead of a hi or a handshake she chose to hug him, tightly and closely. The moment stayed for the infinitesimal moment, owing to the crowd, but the after-effects were meant to stay for longer.

"Come!" he pulled the bag out of her hand and directed her to the metro station that was close by.

"Aapko professor nahi coolie hona chahiye tha" she remarked and giggled. He turned and gave her a look. She cowered and shut her mouth. The big mouth that she was becoming would sure land her in a problem in one day.

"Sorry!" she mumbled and quietly followed him. He had to break the sham of being offended at what she said after seeing her face turn pale in no time, with just his look. This was crazy.

"Aap sach mein bahut bure ho!", she complained, seeing him smile at her sorry. She got it then, it was yet again just a pretense just to play with her.

"Maine kya kiya...BABY", he sweetly asked, boldening the word baby. Hearing him say that over the phone was different but him standing in front of her, in person, and saying that hit different chords of her. Her whole face heated up and the body shuddered to break in goosebumps. The lips were taken in and bit by her teeth, to curb the smile which would further enhance the red color on her face. The conversation right from the railway station to the entry door of the metro was everything but formal. They didn't even share a hi or she never cared to ask him he was there for her and if yes why was he there so early in the morning. It carried on as the most normal thing and yet everything about was special. She looked at him. There were two men ahead of him while she had none in her queue she was quick to pass through it and reach the other side and waited for him, getting her time to stare at him. He looked so bright and perfect. She wondered if people like him exist, or it is just him or it is her or the tricks of her senses that made her see him as the most perfect person. But then, no one is perfect. He dragged her bag and this time she put up any resistance for he won't listen and secondly she was okay with it.