44

Needless to say, seeing her phone flash her father's call, made her blood run cold, not because he called but where she was. At his place, in his balcony! Him being there was enough for her father to wage a war against her, the place hardly mattered with that. While she being in the situation where everything spoke against her she didn't know what the future held. Rejecting his call was not even an option. She looked at Sidharth with the same fearful eyes. He blinked and left her alone to let her have a conversation. Seeing her he realised she was hesitant and probably nervous to talk in front of him. Thus he obeyed with her silent words and left her alone. She wasn't ready for it. It was fight in her if she wanted him there or not, and she let the fight rest, as she slid the phone to come face to face with her father. He was a handsome man, with an aura that was quite intimidating for people.

"Hello, Papa namaste" she greeted him. He hummed and looked around. It was dark around her and probably the phone light was keeping her face illuminated.

"Kaha par ho beta, itna andhera kyu hai?"

"Woh papa maine abhi khana khaya tha toh balcony mein aa gayi thi thoda walk krne ke liye" she stated, nothing was lie yet she felt guilty of lying to him.

"Acha. Padhai kaisi chal rahi hai." was his next question.

"Achi hai papa. Aaj class nahi thi. Kal se classes start hai" she spoke  in a feeble voice.

"Thik hai. Exam hue the unka result kab tak aa jaaega"

"Pata nahi kuch dino mein aa jaaega." she was twisting her fingers too aggressively. Sidharth though left the room his heart didn't let him move further. He knew standing beside and eavesdropping the conversation wasn't morally correct yet he sat there, listening her, observing her every action. As she twisted her fingers, he hissed at how aggressively it was done.

"Acha hai. Acha hi aana chahiye result toh haina!" it was more like a warning to her, as if bad results would be the end of her time in Delhi. 

"Han Papa acha hi aayega" she assured, for she believed in herself and how well she did in exams. 

"Thik hai. Apni mummy se baat karo" saying this he passed on the phone to her mother who asked the very same question to her, seeing how dark it was on the other side.

"Itne andhere mein kyu hai beta?", was the first question her mother asked. Sana gave the same answer to her as she did to her father.

"Toh room mein chali jaa ab, light mein aa thoda kuch dikh bhi nahi raha hai", her mother demanded, turning her face pale. The dim light was the savior from further questions.

"Light nahi hai Maa, or inverter bhi work nahi kar rha hai pg ka, toh room mein bhi andhera hai", she reasoned, not fumbling at any word or at least trying to. Lying has never been easy for her as she would be caught soon and let open the secret she has been hiding.

"Acha, kya mila aaj khane mein?"

"Rajma chawal"

"Are waah, bahut hi badhiya hai. Chalo ab so jana thodi der mein. Late ho gaya hai kaafi", her mother instructed her. The clock still had its hands on 12 and 9 but it was late for them. Sana nodded and was ready to hang up when Sunaina ji entered the room calling Sidharth. Sana's eyes widened in horror seeing the perked-up ears of her parents, and their faces on alert mode. It was natural to parents whose daughter was miles away from them in a completely strange city, which was eventually Delhi. She didn't blame them for being that alert and worried for her, but she feared the questions that would proceed and the consequences the answers would end up in. Sidharth instantly moved out of the room with his mother who has just entered the room, to tell him something.