Chapter 1

Halloween

Ashley watched the scene before her, smiling as she took another sip from her beer bottle. Her best friend and partner in crime, her sister, was making her way through the crowded room to get to her. Laughing and talking to others, she slowly shimmied her way to the side of the house by the patio doors to join her beloved sibling. Ashley couldn't help but notice the undeniably sexy and utterly delicious man dressed as Thor, watching her sister as she moved around. Ashley knew the man had feelings for her. He didn't watch her like the other men in the room did, this was something different. The other men looked at her like she was a playboy playmate or something to eat, like they wanted to fuck the shit out of her. Thor looked at her like she was the most precious jewel in the world, like he would cherish and protect her for the rest of his life. She sighed to herself, secretly hoping that it would be her brother-in-law that looked at her like that, but he was the best friend.

"Hey Ash! Sorry that it took so long! The line at the bathroom was crazy!" Hailey explained with a roll of her eyes.

"And I'm sure getting those pants back up was fun!" Ashley snickered.

"Shut up you snot! Ok so the latex pants wasn't the best choice for the costume in hindsight, but you have to admit that I look fucking awesome as 'Black Widow'!" Hailey admitted.

"Oh you are the perfect badass, redheaded assassin, I'll give you that. I just hope you don't have to pee anymore tonight or you could be in serious trouble!" Ashley laughed.

"God, you are such a bitch!" Hailey groaned and gently nudged her sister's shoulder, "And you look great as Wanda Maximoff."

Ashley thanked her sister and they watched the people mingle.

"I'm glad you're here Ash..." Hailey admitted wistfully.

Ashley put an arm around her sister and squeezed, "Me too. We'll talk later when there aren't so many ears around."

Hailey nodded knowing that she needed someone to talk to about her marriage and her sister and best friend was the one she trusted the most. They were so close and having her and her husband, Greg, in Texas was not ideal. But they seemed to be making it work with video calls and trips back and forth. Greg was a sought after cardiologist and made ridiculous money, so Ash could fly up for long weekends once a month and that helped keep them close.

Ashley leaned over, "Do you still think he might be having an affair?"

Hailey shrugged, keeping some things to herself, "I'm not sure what to think anymore, but I know that our sex life has changed."

Ashley knew that a change in sex could be down to a number of things, but didn't say that and only nodded her head as they stayed quiet, just observing people.

Ashley noticed that her sister's eyes kept glancing at Thor and smirked as she took another sip of her beer, "It's still uncanny how much Carter actually looks like Chris Hemsworth isn't it?"

Hailey awoke out of her fantasy, "Hmm? Oh yeah! Crazy! When we went and saw Thor:Ragnarok and he cut his hair, I almost-"

"Creamed your panties?" Ashely finished.

Hailey blushed and smiled coyly, "Maybe!"

"Oh I was at your house that weekend, I heard you jump Dan the minute we got home. Don't tell me you weren't thinking about Thor while you were riding his cock! I know you, Hailey Evangline Smythe!" Ashley scoffed.

Hailey just laughed at her sister, "Oh I can't deny it! Thor was foremost in my mind!

Ashley leaned close to her sister's ear and whispered, "The only question remains, which Thor were you thinking about while you rode him? The one in the movies or the one that lives next door with the southern accent?"