chapter 3

Ella's pov
My eyes opened to the feeling of something wet being put on my forehead. A girl was rubbing my forehead and face with a damp washcloth. "Oh good, your awake. I must go alert the masters" she said, placing the washcloth in the bowl and leaving. I sat up and looked around the room. The walls were a dark gray. Almost the whole room was covered in gray and black. The paintings on the wall were in white frames. The paintings were of girls in tight black dresses. Each of them stood in all black. The men had wings. Each different wings. One man had white hair with black hair. He had a serious look among him. His wings were black. The girl next to him held a smile. She looked more human then he did. Her hair was a pretty blonde and her eyes, a royal blue. She had a slim figure that caused the dress to fit perfectly. In the other two paintings, the couples looked happier. The man with curly black hair looked than the man with wavy black hair. They each held their Lady with pride and a bit of gentleman like. On the other side of the room, a painting of a man with brown hair, in old fashioned clothing, was hung above a fireplace.

I turned to the sound of a door opening behind me. The four men that were in the paintings stood at the door with concerned looks on their faces. "How do you feel, darling?" The man with white hair said, no longer having a serious look in his eyes. I smiled at the young looking stranger before walking forward. "Better. Where am I?" I asked, acting clueless so they wouldn't know that I heard them in the woods. The other men that was next to the man with white hair just stood and stayed quiet. I really hoped they weren't like this all the time. "Your in our mansion, darling. Some of us thought you would be safe here." The white haired man said, showing off his British accent. His eyes scanned mine for any sign of emotion. Obviously he sensed confusion and spoke again. "Tell us, what do you remember?" He said, causing me to act like I didn't remember much. "I was walking through the forest after spending a few hours at the riverbank when I got pushed against a tree. He was about to kill me but his head was chopped off and I fell to the ground in a faint and then woke up in this room with a girl patting my forehead with a damp cloth" I responded, hoping they would believe me but the one with white hair narrowed his eyes at me and I frowned. "Your lying, darling. I can't see it in your eyes. What are you hiding?" He asked, but he obviously realized I wasn't going to fess up. All four men walked closer to me and I could see the look in their eyes become full of danger. "Love, we can do this one of two ways. You can either tell us everything or we can use mind control and force it out of you" the curly haired one said, smiling. I sighed and finally gave up. I sat down on the bed before speaking. "After I got attacked and fainted, I still heard all of you. I heard you all arguing. I heard you say the man that attacked me was a vampire" I confessed, fearing what would happen next. The man with white hair just looked at me with calmness. The three other men just stood and waited to see what the other guy would say. The white haired man smiled a satisfied smile. "Good girl. Now if I may We'd like to properly introduce ourselves. I'm danny, this is Brandon, arny and William. What's your name, darling?" He asked, kissing my hand. I blushed a little and smiled. "I'm ella" I introduced myself, causing the group to smile brightly.