Feeling: TanKana

Taisho era
Manga spoilers ahead!

Feeling: TanKana

Tanjirou's POV

The cherry blossoms, it reminds me the day when we succeed, demons are no longer in this world, everyone can sleep peacefully now without any worries in their head, and live happily without any of their family members dead... like I had experienced... and anyone.

But everything is fine now, my little sister, Nezuko, is here and like I've promised, I have returned her back to human, and we're living back into our old house, with Zenitsu and Inosuke with us, they're like my family now after all the struggles I've been with them.

Like everyone, we're also living happily, well it was quite hard to handle Zenitsu and Inosuke, mostly Inosuke, because of his habits, sometimes, but he slowly learns how to have manners.

Since we're not demon slayers anymore, and we got... a bit injured after the fight, we still need examinations every month or two, so that's when we visit the butterfly estate, where Kanao and Aoi-san are the current owners.

Everytime I, we, visit them, I can't help myself but smile, just to see how much Kanao change, her smile, her voice, and her heart... It... must've been hard now that Shinobu-san is gone... Despite of the hardship, Kanao still kept going, and so are Aoi-san, Sumi-chan, Naho-chan and Kiyo-chan.

"Let's goooooo!" Inosuke ran as fast as he can, on the way to the estate, we didn't bother though, he's always like that.

But about being in the butterfly estate, it's a really weird feeling, this happened after almost a year has passed, Nezuko doesn't understand what those feelings that I've said to her, of course she doesn't, I don't think I'm good at explanations, I just realized that now.

"Tanjirou, may I check your heartbeat?"  The girl in front of me asked, Kanao. I nodded, answering, "Hai."

I took off my haori leaving it hanging on my waist, I puffed my chest out for her to check, that's when I started to feel different thoughts.

One, I started to feel nervous when I'm with her.

'What if she felt uncomfortable?? Is it normal for a girl to see a boy's bare chest? All I know is only married couples do that, but Kanao is a doctor so it's normal. Does she do this to other boys too!? Eh!? Maybe she's only doing this cause she's pushed to.' "Tanjirou?"

"Hai!?" I raised my head up to see Kanao's face, 'Too close!' I trembled not breaking the stare.... She's the one who insists to break as she sat down at her chair again, "Ah sorry... My eyesight is getting worst, I hope you understand." she said, that made me frown.

"About your records... It's still the same, you're doing fine, but it's unusual for your heart to beat rapidly." she explained, I let her continue, "Are you taking any medicines these days, Tanjirou? Maybe that's the reason why you're heartbeat is fast."

"Ah-- w-well... I don't, and I've been doing fine! Don't worry about it too much, Kanao!" I assured her, "The thing is... I think it only happens when I'm with you.. Ahaha, I don't really know why." I added, letting her know, maybe she knows.

I saw her eyes widen, and paused from what she's doing, that kind of.... make me nervous for some reason, 'I think I said it wrong.' She turns to look at me, "Then... I must be bad for Tanjirou's health.." she said, that made me jump slightly.

"What? No you're not!" I yelled. I held both of her hands and continued, "K-Kanao, you're not bad for me, alright? You're my good friend and will always be, so don't ever thought of that." I said.

Two, I became so awkward of myself around her.

Although she still smiled, "Thank you... Tanjirou, I feel the same of you."