Chapter 3: A Cat out in the Bag!

-No One's P.O.V-

The next morning came, Kokkoro gets out of bed due to hearing someone making whacking noises as she looks out the window and sees you and Yuuki.

Yuuki was training by himself using a stick against a swinging log while you were watching him training.

Yuuki then goes for a hard swing against the swinging log, but the log just comes back right at his face as Yuuki kneels down in pain.

(Y/N): Whoa, you okay, dude?

Yuuki: I-I'm fine...

(Y/N): Jeez, you don't just stand there and take the hit. You need to dodge, block, or strike the attack against the enemy.

Yuuki: *Nods* Mm, thanks.

Yuuki then picks up the sword and gets back up to continue training as Kokkoro smiles upon watching the two of you.

-Mini Time Skip-

Later, the three of you were now at the kitchen area and ordered breakfast.

Kokkoro: It's fortunate that we were compensated so generously for the mushrooms.

Yuuki: Mushrooms...great!

Kokkoro: Yes, but...

(Y/N): Something wrong?

Kokkoro: I hope Miss Pecorine was alright.

A flashback occurred in your head as you, Kokkoro, Yuuki, and Karin (aka the Guild Lady) were watching Pecorine who was drunkenly walking away yesterday evening after completing the quest to collect the mushrooms.

(Y/N): Oh yeah, didn't she say that she was returning to Landosol?

Kokkoro: Yeah, perhaps we'll see her again.

Yuuki: *Nods* Mm.

Kokkoro: Regardless, we need to find a place to stay before the money we have now run out.

Suddenly, a guy comes in and spoke up to Kokkoro.

Guy: What's this, little lady? You need money?

Yuuki: Money important!

Guy: R-Right...That it is. I can tell you three aren't used to this town yet. If you start a guild, the Guild Association will lend you a house to use as your base of operations.

Kokkoro: Really? I've never heard of something so wonderful.

(Y/N): I agree and it seemed like a good idea.

Guy: Correct. If you want to stay in this town, you'll definitely want to consider starting a guild.

Manager: Hey. Don't you go give my customers funny ideas.

Guy: Ehehe. Sorry, man.

Manager: Hmph!

Kokkoro: Umm, my lord...

Yuuki: Hm?

Kokkoro: When I saw you trying your hardest to practice with the sword, it made me want to support you. So, I made this for you.

(Y/N): Oh? What's that?

You asked as Kokkoro places a stamp on a small yellow paper.

Kokkoro: Well, it's something that I have made for my lord, but it doesn't really have any purpose, but...

Yuuki: Thanks.

Kokkoro: Eh?

Yuuki: I'll work hard.