||54||

Whoops sorry for the really late update, I've kind of been dragged back into my marvel obsession so I've been writing stuff for that lmao

Anyway-

°🌊°
9am_

"Y/n, take a break," Tenchi walked over, "you had someone you wanted to call, didn't you?"

I had just reached the deep end of the pool so him deciding to strike up a conversation with me was a bit awkward as I circled my hands and feet to keep myself floating.

"Right now?" I asked.

"Yes, don't burn yourself out," he nodded, "beside..."

His gaze landed on Haru, slightly irritated.

"I need to focus on that one," he told me, "why did you choose her as the fourth member of the medley relay? I don't get it."

"She's fast and usually she has a sturdy form," I replied as I swam forward and pulled myself out of the pool, sitting on the side, "she might just be having a bad day."

"She shouldn't be, she's not competing until the end of the week," he sighs, "take a break, tell the rest of the team as well."

I stared at him in confusion and he just gave me a 'what?'

"You're acting weird," I raised a brow, "it's only been an hour."

"Did you or did you not request someone tells you when it's 7am in Tokyo?" he asked.

"I did..." I nodded.

"Then take a break," he huffed before walking away, "Keishima! You better not be thinking that what you're doing is the butterfly because if you are, then you're sorely mistaken!"

"It is, coach!" Haruka shouted back.

"Like hell it is!" Tenchi shouted back, "I'm embarrassed just looking at it. Get out the pool and come over here. You're using a kick board! We're fixing that stroke!"

"I'm not seven, I don't need a kick board!"

"Then you should've swam properly!"

Oh god, they're so loud.

Grabbing my towel, I dried myself off before pulling on my sports clothes and calling Rayla, Kyoka, and Ino to take a break. The three of them get out of the pool and I looked to the other pool to see Rosa, Âme and Mei were still doing laps under the watch of their coaches. I'll leave them to do their thing.

Grabbing my bag, I rummaged through it and pulled out my phone and bottle of water before leaving the pool area and going into the entrance of the building.

Scrolling through my contacts, I come across Tetusuro's number and press call.

A few moments passed and then I heard the dialling tone end.

"Hello?"

"Tetsu! Hey."

"Y/n? Hey, something wrong?"

"No. Does something have to be wrong? I just thought I'd call you now I have a break."

"A break? Have you been racing?"

I heard shuffling and the sound of cars.

He must be walking to school right now.

"Nah, I start tomorrow. What about you?"

"We don't play until tomorrow either. I'm just on my way to our last practice before we have to play against another school."

"What time?" I asked as I put my phone on speaker and pulled up the swimming schedule.

"The afternoon."

"Oh... I was hoping to watch the live stream but I'm swimming in the afternoon," I was actually pretty disappointed. I really wanted to watch them.

"You'll have to tell Mohawk not to screw up for me."

Tetsuro chuckled.

"You know he really hates that nickname, right?"

"Oh. I know. That's why I do it."

"You're mean."

I smiled before sighing.

"I met a few of my old teammates. Literally within the first few hours of being here I met my old captain."

"I'm guessing it wasn't a good meeting?"

"Nope. During both meetings, we just fired insults and harsh words at each other. Though the second meeting was more fun for me since it was my former captains sister and her best friend."

"Fun?"

"We had a very interesting back and forth. You would've found it interesting if you were there."

"One minute, y/n-- Oi! Kenma! It's time to go! Get up!"

I put my phone away from me as he shouted. Did he even move his phone away from his ear when he did that?

"Sorry. Was that loud?"

"Just a bit. Yeah. Kenma not up yet?"

"No. But this is nothing new. It's a good thing we never walk to school together. We'd both be late too often."

I let out a small laugh, knowing that that was probably very true.

"Y/n," Rayla called me and nodded to the door, "Coach wants us back in."

I frowned before looking at the time. Whoa-- how has half an hour already passed? I don't feel like I've been talking for all that long.

"Tetsuro, I need to go now," I put my phone off speaker and to my ear again, "I need to get back to training."

"Alright. I guess the next time we talk will be when you get back, right?"

"Probably, yeah."

There was silence for a moment before I heard his sigh.

"Do your best, ok? Come back soon. Don't push yourself too hard."

"That goes for you too, dummy. Don't go getting yourself hurt. I'll see you when I get back."

"Y/n," Rayla urged.

"Ok, ok," I nodded to her before focusing on my phone, "bye."

"Good bye."

I hung up and walked over to Rayla.

"Impatient much?" I asked.

"Slow poke much?" she shot back.

"My life isn't just all swimming, you know?" I glanced over to her as we walked back into the pool area.

"You know, if you said that to me at the beginning of the year, I totally would not have ever believed you," she smiled, "I'm glad you have something more than swimming in your life."

"I might end up losing it though," I muttered.

"Have you told Kuroo about uni?" she asked, I nodded, "I don't think he'll let that get between the two of you. He really likes you, you know, so he will definitely stick out a long distanced relationship, you don't need to worry."

"Yeah..." I nodded, "I know. He's good like that."

"I want to find something like what the two of you have one day," Rayla suddenly said, "I think you guys are my unrealistic romantic picture."

"Don't use me and Tetsuro as a reference for a relationship," I nudged  her, "no two couples are the same."

"Ah. There you are," Tenchi noticed us coming into the room, "come on, both of you in the pool. I want to see you treading water within five minutes."

Ok. Here we go again.