FIVE

VALENCIA MORALES

It had been probably hours by the time I reached the halfway point in the load of paperwork. I had lost track of time at the half-hour mark. What had me exit my little bubble of concentration and tune in again with the real world was someone who had just barged into my office without even knocking. That someone was none other than Sofia. I didn't even have to look up to know it was her since the only person in the world that had to enter my office like that was her.

By the time I had finished signing the contract in front of me she had made herself comfortable in one of the chairs in front of my desk and was ready to tell me this week's schedule.

"Ok, I'm ready. Fill me in. "

"Great, so today your schedule doesn't involve much except from a Zoom meeting that you have at 3 pm. Adeline will fill you in on all the necessary details. I knew you would be busy today with paperwork so I left it kind of empty."

"Ok, great thanks. Anything on Morales? Something I should know?"

"The shipments that were due to arrive today are already there and being distributed" hearing that I just nodded my head with satisfaction that everything was going according to schedule. "By the way, you need to write a letter to give agent L to deliver to Theodor Wiking at the place that was agreed upon. If you have anything specific you want agent L to include in the message he will deliver except from the obvious things just tell me before 6 pm."

"I trust that he doesn't need anything from me."

The thing about this meeting was that it was more like a setup. Our goal was to get the Crimsons to step into the trap we set up for them to learn more about how they work. You see recently we stole a very important client of theirs that they have been keeping a close eye on.

It went without saying that they wanted revenge for that. So they have been waiting patiently for the right time to strike. What they don't know is that this has been our plan for some time now and that they are playing their role in it very well. I could have gone on with my life just fine even if I hadn't made a deal with Theodore Wiking. Theodor had no idea about my plans nor how perfect the time he had shown up to get help from my organization had been.

The plan for today was simple: Agent L was going to meet up with Mr. Wiking to give him some information on how we were gonna proceed as an organization with the task that we were assigned. Then our agent was gonna exchange envelopes containing confidential information that both parties needed to have and after that, they would part ways. Mr. Wiking was in on the plan that's why he was supposed to leave an hour before our agent while he enjoyed his cup of coffee. Also, the envelope Wiking gave our agent had a message in it that was designated for the Crimsons and not us.

The whole meeting was gonna be under the surveillance of the Crimsons. While Agent L was departing we were expecting him to get ambushed by Rivera's guys. Their ambitious goal would be to catch our guy or the more down-to-earth one to only get the envelope. There was no way our agent was gonna get caught. He was chosen for a reason; to be uncatchable and unstoppable. And to be quite honest there was no doubt in my mind that he wasn't going to disappoint me.

This was where the plot thickened. While agent L would be putting up a fight for as long as he could, my team of hackers would be trying to get into their system. This job had to be done in a matter of minutes.

After we had hopefully hacked our way through, agent L would "accidentally" drop the letter and then run away. With this, the Crimsons would be satisfied with themselves thinking they had gotten something on us meanwhile they would have just gotten a useless piece of paper.