SEVEN

VALENCIA MORALES

When I entered the room I was glad to see all my employees working and doing something productive. However, it wasn't long before they felt my presence. The adrenaline that had started surging through their blood was evident.

But none of them stopped their work.

It was as if my presence made them work harder.

That was either because they wanted to prove that I hadn't made a mistake choosing them or because they in their way wanted to protect themselves from me and the enemy.

Finally, after some seconds the head of the tech team looked up and noticed me. She took a deep breath and started making her way to me.

"Give me the run down"

She swallowed hard and began speaking.
"As of now, we have 10 of their warehouses' locations as well as the names of their suppliers. We also have the medical records, pictures, addresses and names of the Rivera family members. And some future plans of theirs. Those are some of the most important information we gathered."

I crossed my arms in front of my chest and nodded my head to tell her to keep talking.
"Well as for the traces that we mistakenly left, they have successfully been deleted. We have ensured that no one can pass the security system we have created, however... They probably have traced our approximate location and we should be expecting someone from their team to come to investigate. However, they won't be able to find anything at all."

"I hope you realize the gravity of your mistake and that if they find anything I'm taking your heads with me before I get taken down."

"Yes, mam"

I gave her a curt nod, turned on my heel and exited the room. There wasn't anything else that could be done except for damage control. Now all I could do was wait to face the music and my sixth sense was telling me that it wouldn't be long before that happened and my senses never fail me.

I returned to my office and opened a blank document and decided to let my creative juices flow in and fill some pages. The stress from today's events had drained me and I gave myself a well-deserved break.

At some point, Sofia came in, told me she was clocking out, and asked if she should order me something to eat. Even though I told her I wasn't hungry she ordered anyway. I don't even understand why she asks anymore when she knows she will do whatever she wants in the end.

SOME HOURS LATER

At this point, I have been typing for almost 3 hours and my fingers have started to hurt so I decide that it's enough for today. I look at the word count and see 50.000 words. Impressed with myself I save the file and start closing any tabs that I have left open. Suddenly, I get the feeling that someone is watching me. I don't make any sudden moves and continue to review some documents.

My office phone rings and I know exactly what is happening. Despite that, I answer.

"There's a man trying to enter your office mam and he isn't giving me his name. I have called security and they are on their way."

"Tell this man that if he wants to see me he should schedule a meeting" I hear her telling him like I told you sir you need to schedule a meeting to see Mrs Morales.