Chapter 24 - Mine

As the term progressed, I was focusing my energy on spending most of my spare time with Fred, and completing the list. The Insurgents published a newsletter called 'The Daily Snape' detailing Snape's life and everyday activities, which was subscribed to by a surprisingly huge amount of the student population,

In one of my numerous detentions with Snape that wasn't shared by the boys, I brought him a box of chocolates and told him, "I love it when it's just us two."

I winked at him. Snape stared at me stonily.

"Mr Filch has been looking for someone to clear out these old files." He said softly. "They are the records of other Hogwarts wrongdoers and their punishments. Where the ink has grown faint, or the cards have suffered damage from mice, we would like you to copy out the crimes and punishments afresh and, making sure that they are in alphabetical order, replace them in the boxes. You will not use magic."

"K." I said.

"I thought you could start," said Snape, a malicious smile on his lips, "with boxes one thousand and twelve to one thousand and fifty-six. You will find some familiar names in there, which should add interest to the task. Here, you see..."

He pulled out a card from one of the topmost boxes with a flourish and read, "James Potter and Sirius Black. Apprehended using an illegal hex upon Bertram Aubrey. Aubrey's head twice normal size. Double detention." Snape sneered. "It must be such a comforting thing that a record of their great achievements remains..."

I felt suddenly cheerful. Snape was clearly trying to dampen my mood, but it had quite the opposite effect.

"Oh my Godric, thanks, Professor!" I gushed, pulling the boxes towards me. "You're absolutely right. It IS comforting - thank you so much for making this detention interesting for me."

Snape's smirk had faded into a displeased scowl.

"I'm just saying, sir," I said with a smirk on my face now, "it seems like you put in an extra bit of effort for me. It almost seems as if you fancy me... Do you wanna go out with me?"

"Get to work, Miss Potter."

I started to sob loudly and dramatically, before I realised that he didn't actually reject me, and I sat there grinning as I sorted through the files, copying out this time a triple detention for my dad, Sirius, and Emily for a petty prank in fifth year.

And after the detention, Fred and George dragged me into Snape's office again as I giggled between them, as they cried, "Here she is, sir! We've got her!"

"Unhand Miss Potter immediately, Weasleys."

For his next DADA class, I dressed up as a slutty version of him; I wore a short but billowing black cape, a low cut gothic top, and a tiny black skirt that would likely show my entire ass if I bent over. I used a potion to make my hair straight, sleek, and shiny, and fluffed it so that it hung in two curtains and obscured most of my face. I gathered up my stacks of Lockhart's books and my toaster, and entered the classroom, beckoning all the Hogwarts' ghosts I'd invited in.

I distributed the Lockhart books everywhere and plugged in my toaster, turning to the ghosts.

"Make yourselves at home." I said.

"Thank you very much, Daisy." Nearly-Headless Nick nodded at me graciously, and Peeves cackled gleefully as he swooped around the classroom, upending an ink bottle over Ash's head.

Snape entered the classroom, and I announced, "Here is a man who not only has a brilliant mind and a wonderful wit, but can also sing."

"Kindly exit my classroom." Snape snarled at the ghosts, and he pointed his wand at Peeves. The ghosts all left sadly, and Nearly-Headless Nick said to me as he passed me, "Maybe next time, Daisy."