All I Can Rely

TW:BLOOD/MURDER

"If you actually think about it, like really think about it then it's obvious that I would win" Luna said sluggishly, taking enough sip of wine from her glass "I mean, I'm smart, I'm resourceful, so when it comes down to it-" She made a grumbling sound as Tanner cut her off "I think I have proven on several occasions that I have a very strong" Tanner paused, unable to think of the word "Strongness" They looked at each other with a strange look before continuing their conversation "name one occasion where that has been shown" "Well carrying you to that cellar thingy for one thing".

"Is Strongness even a word?" Luna asked, looking up at Tanner sitting on the back of her sofa, he looked down at her and pressed his lips together "I don't know, sounds like one but I suppose everything does like" he clicked his fingers trying to think of something "Dandrville. Not actually a word but sure does sound like one" Luna nodded her head in agreement as Tanner sat looking down at her "what were we talking about?" Luna looked back up at him "I have no idea". They looked at each other with blank faces trying to remember before Tanner suddenly threw his arms in the air "Fight". He yelled, but the sudden force of his body jerking and his arms being thrown in the air, Tanner suddenly fell off of the sofa, hitting his back on the wooden floor.

Luna stopped laughing and hurried to look over the back off the sofa to see Tanner spread out like a spider with a look of pain on his face. "Tanner? You alright?" Tanner looked up at her trying to suppress a smile and immediately burst out laughing, Luna looked confused for a moment before giving in and laughing along with him "come on, get up" Luna held out a hand for him and smiled sweetly at him, Tanner hesitated and reached for her her hand, pushing himself up to help Luna pull him, certain she would probably end up falling down herself without aid. When they had finally managed to Tanner up off of the floor, Luna didn't let go off of his hand, looking intensely at his relaxed face. Since Tanner was standing and Luna was on her knees on the sofa, she was roughly eye level with him, they remained like that for what felt like hours, looking deeply into each other's eyes, inches away from making contact. Luna then placed a hand on Tanners chest and gave a short chuckle "Are you ok?" Tanner felt his face flush from her touch and stepped back away from her. He opened his mouth to speak before stopping and instead giving a simple nod.

Tanner opened his mouth again and pointed at the bottle "We finished that off quick" Luna looked at where he was pointed and gave a small chuckle, making Tanner smile at the sound "well I guess we just sit and talk now"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darren, or rather, Thomas walked the dark streets alone contemplating what he soon would have to do, any day now he would have him and he would pay for he did to his father, what he did to his whole family. He thought back to that day, the day that his whole life changed.

Thomas was looking out of his bedroom window listening to his mother and father argue down stairs, along with his eldest sister trying to intervene. It had been almost 8 years since his brother had left, running away from the house and never turning back, and Thomas missed him more and more everyday, he hated him for leaving but he was still his brother and he longed to see him one more time just to tell him how much he loved him, how much the whole family loved him. Even dad.

He listened to how the screaming downstairs grew louder and louder, the sound of his father's voice growing angrier, he listened to the smashing and the grunts until.

It stopped

The house suddenly grew deathly still, the only noise that could be heard was the distant ticking of a clock. Thomas turned his head, desperately trying to listen for some kind of sign of life, he was listening for what felt like hours until he heard it. Thomas took a deep breath and slowly opened his bedroom door, he walked down the small hallway and creeped down the stairs. It took a while for his brain to register what he had seen, his mother and sister were laying on the floor motionless covered in blood and he couldn't tear his eyes away from the sight, his breath becoming slow and heavy, and inches away from their lifeless bodies was a man with short, brown hair and a blue shirt wrestling with his father. He watched as his dad tried desperately to overtake the man but to no a avail, he heard the man mumble something before the knife was forced into his fathers chest. Thomas began to scream but covered his mouth, watching as the man sat up and seemingly heard his desperate attempt not to burst into tears, he froze, feeling as if his life would soon come to an end.

The man turned around and looked Thomas dead in the eyes.

Thomas' heart sank. He had preyed everyday for 8 years that his brother would come home, every night he lay awake begging the lord to send him back to his family and here he was. He felt the lump in his throat clear and tears fall from his eyes. They kept eye contact for what felt like centuries, his brother looking him blankly in the face covered in his family's blood and his slit back hair ruffled and messy from where his father tried to fight back.

The man looked away with guilt and gave one last teary eyed look to his mother and sister before running out of the house, leaving Thomas alone once again. Thomas walked down the rest of the stairs and stopped at the entrance to the kitchen. feeling his legs give way, he dropped to the floor and let out a heart breaking scream. He heard the hurried footsteps of his Rosie and Leah rush down the stairs followed by a gasp from Leah and a scream from Rosie, both of them couldn't contain the tears and he felt small arms wrap around his small, thin frame. Leah couldn't believe what she was seeing, her mother, father and Emily lay on the floor lifeless and it took her a few seconds before she rushed into the hall and grabbing the phone "hello? Please, come quick...my-"she listened to the sobs of her younger siblings and blinked back the tears, refusing to break, insisting she needed to be strong for Thomas and Rosie.

"My family's been murdered"

Thomas let his eyes fall back up to look at their mangled bodies and felt something change in him. He vowed that one day, his brother would pay for what he had done, he would destroy everything he loved and he would kill him, just like he destroyed everything that had ever mattered to him and killed the only people he could rely on, he would pay. And Thomas would do anything to make that happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thomas stared blankly at a puddle, seeing the same frightening little boy stare back at him, his eyes dark and unfeeling. He had been reminded of what all this was for and he would stop at nothing until his brother was dead and burning in hell.

Everything he had ever known was gone, Leah and Rosie saw his decent and tried to help but saw he was too far gone and moved on with their lives. Without him. All he had left and all he could rely on was an insatiable hunger for revenge. The only thing he was certain of was that no matter what became of him, and no matter how many people he had to kill to make it happen.

He would stop at nothing until Tanner was dead