chapter 1

Swim club. That's the only thing im good at, and probably that I'm ever going to be good at. It's the only thing that i look forward to in the week, and of course, hanging with my best and only friend, Yoshio Toshi. I've known her since we were five, and i don't, wait no, CAN'T make friends, and when i do, its rare.

I suppose that I should tell you more about me and not my social life, not that i have one. Anyway, I'm Tatsuo Yuu, I'm in my Second year of Junior High, failing all my subjects, sadly, but I don't care for school, except for recess and lunch breaks, I was born on October 30th, 2000, so I'm born in the year of the dragon and I was born in the month of the scorpio, apparently, thats what Yoshio told me, she's smart, unlike me. I was held down a year last year.

"Tatsuo!" Hironori-sensei yelled.

"Yes, Sensei?" i replied.

"You have the slowest swimming time, again," he sighed "you know if these times are still like this by the end of the semester, we will have to kick you of the team." he explained.

"Oh, ok." I said sadly.

I was walking back to the locker room, when someone pulled me around the corner and into a deserted room while his hand was covering my mouth to muffle my screams.

"You need to get you grades up, Tatsuo, the world is counting on it. You need to score in the top 20% in Japan before the end of the year. If you don't, well, lets just say... no more world to live on." the strange person laughed softly.