Chapter 1: My Crew

Y/N POV:

Hey! I'm y/n, I live in the outerbanks. I'm a pogue, and proud to be one. I live with my brother John b, he's 2 months older then me. Crazy right? My mom, she left us when we where young, but it's been the best without her. My father "died" on a boat in a ocean storm. But, I just have a gut feeling that he's still alive. Yesterday me and my brother where talking about how he can still be alive. We aren't giving up.

Right now, we are on the look side of town. I'm hanging out with my best friends. We are on a deck of a construction kook house. I stand next to Pope as my brother John b was on top of the roof balancing with one foot. "That's what, a three-story fall to the deck? I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival" Pope says. "And I give you a zero In 3 chance of survival" I say looking up at John b.

John b licks his pointer finger holding it to the sky. "Should I do it?" He asks JJ as JJ was leaning on some bars up top. "Yeah you should jump" I laugh. "And I'll shoot you on the way down" pope says holding up a nail gun. "Where the hell did you get that" I whisper. "You'll shoot me?" John b replies.

Pope agrees.

I look up at JJ as he drinks his beer he notices me looking as he sends a wink. "Ew JJ" I say.

I hear footsteps as I see Kie walking out on the deck as she was inside the construction house. "They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers" she says. "Of course why wouldn't they" jj says. "This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess" she says.

"Right" I say in a joking matter.

She then looks up at John B standing up on the roof. "I can't have cold towels" JJ says. "Yeah like you've lived with warm towels your whole life" I sarcastically say to JJ. "Can you please not kill yourself?" Kiara says sarcastically smiling to John. "Don't spill that beer, I'm not giving you another one" jj says as he drinks his beer. He was referring to John B holding his beer while balancing on a sketchy roof.

That's when John B drops his beer. "You're so stupid" I say slapping my head. "Of course you did" jj says shaking his head.

"Smooth"

The two start to argue as I hear some noises coming from outside in front of the house, I take a look to see security. "Hey!" He yells. "Hey uh guys, security is here!!" I say. I turn back to the group. "Let's wrap it up" pope says. We gather our things. "Let's go guys" kie says. I look at kie as we do our quick handshake. "Gary is that you!?" JJ yells to the security Guard. JJ and John B all jump down. "Shut up JJ let's go" I say "it's me gary good to see you man!"

"You're just asking for it" I say to JJ.

We all run into the house trying to get into our car before security gets us.

We all run together making noises. John B and Kie run a different way as JJ grabs my hand as we dodge gary the security guard trying to catch us. "Hands off my girl Gary boy!" JJ says with a laugh. "You aren't funny JJ!" I say laughing.

We exit the house as we where on the side about to jump a huge fence. "Hurry up pope go go
Go!"JJ says to pope as he tries to get over the fence.

Pope falls face to the floor as JJ was helping me over the fence. I jump with JJ behind me. I quickly help Pope off the floor. "Come on pope you're alright!"

"Hey! Come here you little pricks!" The security guard yells trying to get over the fence.

"Bus is leaving!" John b yells honking the horn to the car as they park in front of us. We all get into the car.

I laugh as Gary chases the car while JJ instigating him. "You guys are down bad!" I say trying to catch my breath. I get into the passenger seat of the van.