Chapter 17: Return to Melromarc

In a room with minimum light from a couple of candles scattered around, the shield hero finally awakens from a long sleep. He wakes up aching and groaning, rubbing the back of his neck. As he stretches himself, he heard, "Sir Bakugou!" he then turns to see his sidekicks Neia, Rino, and Melty running toward him and started hugging the shield hero.

Bakugou once more groans to himself, "I swear, do you 3 have to hug me every time I wake up from a hospital bed? Get off!" Bakugou shouts, though this just made the girls smile more knowing that shouting just meant Bakugou was normal again.

But as the girls pulled themselves back, Bakugou noticed Neia and Rino were covered up in some cloth bandages. Any kind of healing potion and magic would've healed up any major wounds pretty quickly, so the bandages threw him off.

"I see the shield hero has awaken once more." said a voice not far from the sidekicks, and it turned out to be Lady Loria with her little girl Katherine and her son Daven beside each other. Daven also had some bandages on him especially around his neck with the two smiling toward the hero.

Bakugou was still rubbing his neck and had a million questions to ask, "Where in the hell are we at?"

Daven quickly answered him, "You're in the cellar of an old abandoned farmhouse in the countryside outside the capital. Best to be as far and out of sight from Trinock as possible."

"Indeed, if we just took you to the hospital of lost souls that be the first place they would be looking for you," Loria adds in.

But Bakugou was still confused by the whole thing, "What in the hell happened to me? And what happened to you guys?"

Neia then speaks up, "You mean you don't remember what occurred yesterday?"

"I remember waking up stuck in ice, and then that striped bastard told me he was going to kill all of you. That evil spoiled king then had me tortured and well, and that's all I can vaguely remember. After that I was so enraged and mad, the rest was just a blur, clouded up in my rage." Bakugou responds rubbing his head, he genuinely can't remember what happened over a day ago, and was a big blank in his mind.

The girls looked at each other wondering how they would even begin to explain the whole thing. Neia finally had the courage to speak up, "We were set for execution sir Bakugou, but after sir Daven killed his father and escaped imprisonment with lady Loria and a friend of his Narel, they help him get out. Daven saved us from execution and we ran off to the castle to save you from your imprisonment."

Rino then takes her turn to speak, "But when we got to you, you blew up the whole castle, it's just a crater now. You also killed off your church's Patriarch and the King of Siltvelt, so yeah that was a pretty big deal."

"Blow up a castle?", a slightly confused Bakugou said out loud, while everything was still hazy to Bakugou, he started remembering when his rage got out of control, destroying and burning anything in his sight that made him mad. And now had images of satisfaction in vaporizing Ozsan and turning Janio into blood rain.

"We then had to fight against you when you weren't calming down, and well it wasn't an easy fight." Daven spoke up, and points to his neck bandages.

Loria then spoke up about the bandages, "It seemed your shield had some sort of curse effect when you attacked with it, with contact on it or your cursed inflected body causing dark bruised burn marks that damage the health of the bearers. But thankfully they can be cured easily with high-grade holy water, it was easy to get it from the church from all the chaos in the city after... Well, you know what happened."

Any satisfying memories Bakugou had in killing the people that had imprisoned him were immediately gone. Now on his mind were his memories of trying to kill off his friends, fighting his own sidekicks, and almost trying to murder them. He grips his fists pissed off that he nearly became a homicidal monster, "Damn it! Now I remember, how could've I been so stupid! I almost killed all of you because I couldn't control myself! And look at all of you now! Damn it! I'm such a shitty leader." he shouts out loud hitting his fist on the bed, feeling a lot of shame.