Chapter Ten

"Bucky and I are by the back exit, are you in position?" Sam spoke through the intercom.

Kate sighed deeply and sniffled as she placed a hat on her head, "I'm in position. Shuri and Shang Chi are hiding. They're in position too."

"Let's do this," Peter spoke on the roof of the warehouse.

"Okay, yes. I'm in position," Katy announced from her spot on the balcony of the warehouse.

"Okay, Kate. Whenever you're ready," Sam stated, "knock on the door."

Kate nodded and exhaled deeply before double-checking her outfit. She was wearing a pizza delivery costume she found in the garbage. Peter had attempted to clean it as Kate ran for some empty pizza boxes.

She shook her head and knocked on the door with a loud bang.

It opened with a creak, revealing a sweaty looking man with a tired expression.

"Hey I have three pepperoni pizzas?" Kate spoke confidently.

"Hey, I er... I don't think we ordered any pizzas," the man smiled apologetically.

"Oh, are you sure? I have this address.." Kate frowned, looking at the boxes then back at the man.

"You know what? Er- let me check. I'm so sorry. Please wait here..." the man left with the door hanging open.

Kate looked through the door carefully before speaking through her earpiece, "Shuri, Shang Chi, Peter that's your cue."

Kate kept watch as they ran past her and into the building swiftly. Peter snuck through the gap in the door and climbed on the ceiling of the warehouse.

The man returned a few moments later with an awkward smile, "we didn't order any pizzas, I'm sorry."

Kate sighed, "ahh dammit, would it... ahh I'm sorry, but would it be okay if you just take it? It's on the house. I just er... I’ve had a long shift. I'd like to get home."

The man grinned, "yeah alright, thanks!"

"Awesome! Great! Have a good day!" Kate passed over the pizza boxes.

"You too! Thanks!" The man nodded before closing the door.

Kate smirked as the plan was going well. She threw off her hat and walked towards the side of the building below the highest balcony. Katy looked down at her and gave her a thumbs up.

Kate climbed up the side of the wall with expert skill. She huffed as she reached the top and high-fived the other archer.

She spoke through the earpiece, "okay they have the pizzas. Shuri, Shang Chi and Peter are in the building. Katy and I are on the balcony. I'm going to unlock the door now."

"Great work guys!" Sam complimented, "we're just waiting for Shang Chi and Shuri to reach the back exit."

"Copy."

Sam looked at Bucky and smiled slightly, "you ready?"

"Yeah," Bucky nodded, "are you?"

"Of course I am, you just looked nervous."

"She's Nat's sister," Bucky frowned.

"She'll be okay, don't worry," Sam insisted, "like you said, she's Nat's sister. She's tough."

Bucky just nodded and stared at the door as it opened. He huffed in relief as he saw Shuri.

Sam and Bucky slid through the back door silently and kept it open with a rock just in case they needed a quick exit.