Smol Bruno. [1]

[Bruno POV]

I jolt awake with a sharp gasp. I coughed hard into my elbow as sand tried to enter my lungs. I slid out of bed and walked over to the mirror. I groaned in annoyance. I was small again.

It started when I was 16, mostly when I'm awake. A soft tingle and the slowness of shrinking, my clothes shrink with me. Normally I'm 5 foot, but then I shrink and am 3'9. My mind also gets younger.

A large yawn escaped me, my mind still foggy from sleep. I waddled downstairs slowly, hoping to grow by the time I reached the dining room, but to no avail. The family knew about me shrinking, but have rarely seen it.

I climb onto my chair with a huff. Pepa looked away covering her mouth, a soft giggle leaving her. I pout and cross my arms.

"How are you feeling, Bruno?" Mirabel nudged me softly.

"Good, I don't think I had any dreams," I said, my voice soft and quiet.

The family talked among themselves and I suddenly felt...

Shut out?
Alone?

I slid off of my chair and snuck out of the room, just being behind the doorway where no one can see me. I listen in to see if they notice I'm gone.

But I don't hear anything, they go on like normal. Tears burn into my eyes. I bolt away and up into my room. I get under my bed and curl up. I can't help the soft hiccups that leave me. Subconsciously I pop a thumb in my mouth, which helps me calm down faster.

I sniffle and roughly wipe the drying tears off of my face. A pout hardens onto my face and tears gather in my eyes again.