Chapter 31: On Top of the World

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me. 

~Been dreaming of this since a child

I'm on top of the world~

(Imagine Dragons)

Winter in New York. A gossip girl checklist to surviving the cold. Cashmere stole for ice-skating at Wollman Rink. Jacques Torres hot chocolate for window shopping the holiday displays and the perfect date to the Senior Snowflake Charity Ball.

Elizabeth walked into the school yard spotting Serena and Blair. She sat down to Blair mid-sentence.

"...the pictures dominate the society pages through the New Year. I need a ringer."

"Snowflake ball?" Elizabeth asked.

"Yes" Serena replied then grabbed Blair's list "Wait, have all these guys asked you already?"

"Of course. Do you think Angelina Jolie even considers a project without an offer on the table? I'm strictly a pay or play date" Blair said.

"Just out of curiosity, who's in the lead to play guy with no future." Chuck asked sitting down.

"And this is where I leave" Elizabeth said standing up and walking away. Since he had given her the pictures, she had thought a lot about that summer, and it scared her. She got down the hall and spotted Nate leaning against her locker with a white rose. She wasn't really a fan of roses, but she did like it was white. She just wished it was a carnation. "Is that for me?"

"Indeed" he replied giving it to her "I was also wondering if you perhaps wanted to attend the snowflake ball with me?"

"I would love too but...?"

"But?" he replied "You don't really want to go"

"It's actually not that. The band has a gig that night" she replied.

"That sounds ten times better than a dance" he said "I would prefer that too"

"You'll come?"

"Um Dance versus my sexy musician rock star girlfriend's gig"
"So that's a, yes?"

"That is a definite yes" he said kissed her.

"I love you" she said "But we better get to class, just because I'm gonna be a rock star doesn't mean I can't slack on my education"

"I'll see you later"

A little later she walked out of class to see Chuck by her locker.

"What are you doing on this side of the school?" she asked.

"If I said looking for you, would you believe me?"

"Possibly" she replied, and he handed her a white carnation.

"My favorite flower" she replied smelling it. "What's up?"

"Am I not allowed to give you a flower?"

"Chuck, I know you. What is going on?"

"I know that I screwed up with the whole Blair thing, and so I'm gonna try to get her to go to the Snowflake ball with me"

"And you are talking to me why?" she asked "That's exciting. Go for it"

"You're, okay?"

She looked around and stepped closer.

"We broke up because of Blair and Nate" she whispered. "Go for it"