Chapter 2

It was now 11 am, which meant that I had to go to school. Michael had left around 30 minutes ago to get ready for school but promised me he would continue to help unpack after school. I had already gotten ready and was left with fixing my hair, which didn't take very long. I combed through my mahogany hair that went to my waist, letting the natural curls separate. I set it with a little hairspray and walked over to my full length mirror. I was wearing skinny jeans with holes in various places, a "I'm a mess" shirt underneath a dark flannel with black vans. My eyeshadow was a light maroon/brown color to bring out my green eyes and my eyeliner was winged perfectly. I grabbed my backpack and keys before I headed out the door.

The second I got into my car, I connected my phone to the radio and put on The Story So Far and jammed out on the way to my new school. I was nervous, no doubt, but there was something about not knowing anybody since kindergarten that made me feel excited.

I pulled into the parking lot of the school and was pleasantly surprised at how many people attended this school by seeing how many cars were parked here. When I lived in Texas, I went to a district with one high school, one middle school and two elementary's. The high school had barely 500 students in all, considering it was in the middle of no where. I've always wanted to go to a school with thousands of students attending it, and this was the perfect school.

As I pulled into a parking space, Tiffany Blews by Fall Out Boy finished playing. I unplugged my phone from the aux cord and sat there for a moment. I let out a deep sigh, feeling my nerves growing. It's just a new school I thought. No more shy Jaiden. New school, new me.

I stepped out of my car and walked toward the entrance. Before I opened the door, I heard a bell ring and students walking out of classrooms, signaling that 3rd lesson was over. I heaved open the door and walked to the receptionist.

"Uh, hello I'm Jaiden Vincent. I'm here to get my schedule." I said nervously, mentally slapping myself.

"Oh hello Jaiden! I'm Mrs. Roberts and welcome to Sydney." She smiled politely. "Here's your timetable, you have the first 3 lessons off." She said while handing me the piece of paper. I thanked her and walked out of the office and into the hallways of Barington High. It was so big and crowded. I was for sure going to get lost.

I looked down at my timetable to find out where my locker was. Looking around at the lockers, I was in the 600's currently and my locker was in the 1200's. I followed the lockers that had ascending numbers, hoping they lead me to right place.

Too busy focused on looking at the lockers, I didn't notice someone was walking right towards me. I ended up bumping into someone, something I seemed to be doing a lot of lately. I silently swore under my breathe before quickly apologizing. I was looking down the whole time so I didn't realize exactly who I bumped into.

"Jaiden!" The voice was immediately recognizable. Michael. Before I could say anything he brought me into a big hug. As he pulled away, I got to take in how tall he was for the first time. He was at least 8 inches taller than me.

"I'm so glad I found you! Come with me I want to introduce you to my friends." He squealed like a little boy showing off his action figures. I chuckled and followed him up the stairs to the second level. I looked at the locker numbers and let out a sigh of relief as I realized that we were in the 1200's.

Michael was a few feet ahead of me when he reached a group of boys, attractive boys might I add. I could hear them talking about something as I got closer. The tallest of the group was looking at me intently with gorgeous blue eyes. I could feel my cheeks flush, so I distracted myself by taking the time to actually look at the other boys. Damn, this was a hot group of friends.