Hello Gods, Meet Percy A.K.A Reality Check

Dionysus's Point of View {Surprised?}

 I wasn't unaware of the sheer chaos taking place in the Throne Room, but I found that I simply didn't have enough energy right now to care about it. These heroes were after all, always the same. What did it matter if they were Greek or Roman? 

I sipped on my glass of Merlot, only to realize it was over. I sighed waving my hand over the goblet, summoning Cabernet Sauvignon. It was similar enough I suppose.

I looked up just in time to see my father about to strike someone with a lightning bolt when a sharp whistle cut through the air.

Every head in the room turned towards a black-haired boy who bore a striking resemblance to a certain sea god. The boy's eyes were alight with unbidden rage and I could swear the temperature in the room dropped for when he spoke, his voice cut through the silence in the room like a knife slicing flesh not to mention that his words practically left a sting.

"How dare you attempt to kill us when it is because of your wife that we even know of each other's existence. I lost months of my life because of her inherent need to make the Romans and the Greeks trust each other. Don't assume you know anything about us just because we found out about the gods hiding Camp Jupiter. It is because of the camp's combined effort that the world still exists. The monsters mess with our lives more than enough as it is. Why do you feel the need to increase our problems just because we seem insignificant to you?

 Lord Chaos, the guy who literally created this godsdammed universe has sent a warning to you through the Fates. So how about you listen instead of ignoring the problems as usual until they become even worse and next to impossible to handle. 

The lives of the demigods may seem like a trivial thing to you but to me, they are my friends, my family.  And if I am given a chance to alter things so that my friends do not die in a pointless battle fighting a war for all of you? I would do it and would caution you to listen to the books and make better decisions for your sake and mine."

I was dumbfounded. There were literally no other words because I don't think I have ever heard a demigod speak so boldly to the King of Gods. My father had turned almost purple with rage, I could see it happening in front of me. Many of the gods and olden heroes audibly gasped but to my astonishment not a single demigod from the future seemed surprised. If anything it was like they expected him to be this impudent. 

The daughter of Athena shot the boy an exasperated glower with a look that said; seriously? He seemed to do a complete 180 when he gave her a mischievous look and winked and she rolled her eyes at him, shaking her head but I could see a certain amount of fondness in her expression and a smile she was trying to hide. I was genuinely confounded by these demigods from the future

"Well, how long was that, an hour? That's a record Kelp Head, even for you." My future demigod half-sister, who is apparently the Lieutenant of Artemis spoke the statement for the people around her everyone could hear it regardless.

 I was confused about her statement until one of Hermes's son said, "It was actually 56 minutes. Pay up, guys. I told you he wouldn't last an hour in their presence without insulting them."

 My shock turned to amazement when several of the demigods started exchanging gold drachmas while the boy who I was definitely sure was Poseidon's son pouted.

My eyes snapped toward my father when lightning crackled around me and the throne room started to smell like ozone when a bright golden light appeared depositing three very old ladies with it. My eyes widened; the Fates.

"I would suggest not killing Perseus Jackson if you do not wish for the world to perish." Clotho rasped out. 

Her sister continued in the same tone though hers sounded even more of a croak, "And you Perseus Jackson, mind your tongue. These gods do not yet know of you or your friends. The war may have taken a lot from you but it has given much as well. We understand that you wish for the gods to take better decisions but appealing to their ego is comparatively better than diminishing it."

 The last one said, "And to you, Olympians, what part of do not harm the demigods do you not understand? Not to mention we had already warned you that these are the people whose thoughts you won't enjoy hearing about since most end up insulting you through them." 

Finally, all three of them said together which just sounded plain creepy, even by my standards; "This is the first and last warning we give you all. Remember it." 

With that, they disappeared leaving us all even more confused.

"We should probably continue though, so here it is. I'm Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon and unfortunately an unwanted champion of Hera and fortunately a wanted champion of Amphitrite."

This time it was the older demigods who gasped. And I understood them. It was extremely rare that Hera favored any demigods since she seemed to hate them but Amphitrite had a champion. Now that was just unheard of. Especially considering it was her husband's child that was illegitimate.

Well, I suppose the real drama is only just beginning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welp, that was a bit of a filter chapter and yes I added that Percy is Amphitritie's champion cuz to me it's like a headcanon that Percy's modesty sort of won over the entire Royal Family of Atlantis. And oh my gods I love the title of this chapter. Like I was soo happy when I came up with it.

As always your comments make my day. This is the first chapter I have written in a year. Please tell me how it was. The next chapter is already in the works so keep an eye out for that.