Some Golden Light This Is

Annabeth's Point of View

 My eyes felt like lead. I had been up in the morning from, oh 2 o'clock and hadn't slept since. 

My cabin was out for master's archery.  

 I would have gone with them but the day before yesterday Apollo had asked me to make his temple's dome brighter and pointier, preferably with an arrow. I don't even understand at this point how to make the dome even thinner. 

I decided that 7 hrs was enough screen time. After all, it won't do for the Architect of Olympus to start wearing glasses. It was bad enough that Jason had to do it, and he complained about it all the time.

It had been 3 months since the battle of Gaia and everyone in the camps had dubbed it the Giant War.  The title was suitable enough, I suppose. However, I was much more focused on actually living my life than putting thought into camp gossip.

Just as I was about to get up, my phone rang. Technically speaking we weren't allowed phones at camp but...

Regardless, I was surprised to see that Aunt Sally was calling. I answered the call only for a bright golden light to swallow me up. I am not jesting. It literally swallowed me up.

When I opened my eyes, once the light faded, my only thought was, Aunt Sally was gonna kill all of us.

Oh, sh*t.

And the next chap they will be introduced.