9

*I apologize for the late ass chapter... don't kill me! The chapter is here now 🫶🏽. Please ignore any mistakes, I never proof-read LMFAO*

Leia POV
Flashback
June 13
_______________

"Mom I'm just saying, I don't think it's fair that I'm the one that has to be taking care of Logan all of the time." I complained to my mom as we were walking to our bus stop, I readjusted Logan on my hip.

"So you don't want to take care of her sister?" My mom scrunched her face at me, "Fine give her to me then."

My mom grabbed Logan out of my arms and held her in her own.

"No! I'm literally not saying that but Mommy-" I tried to reason until she cut me off.

"Don't start that mommy shit. You always do that when you're in the wrong and I'm sick of it! If you think that you're a grown adult and you're trying to speak to me as one, then do that! Don't try to half step it by saying 'Mommy' as if you're all innocent or some shit!" My mother barked at me.

"Fine then. Leilani-"

"Yes that's perfect. You wanna act like a grown ass woman than you address me like any other grown ass woman would." She passive aggressively congratulated me.

"I never said that I don't want to take care of Logan. That's my sister of course I'll take care of her. But I just don't find it fair that I'm with her all of the time."

"I truly don't believe you kids whining about responsibility! When I was younger all I ever asked my mother for was responsibility! I was as little as 8 years old begging to be in my own and take care of myself. But when I give you the luxury all you do is complain." My mom shook her head, "If you want to become someone's bitch and be solely dependent on them go ahead. Don't say I ain't never try to help you once you're slumped under a man that doesn't even treat you right, after I tried to teach you responsiblity and independence."

"None of this is about responsibility! I'm just tired okay! I'm tired with being with Logan all the time unless I'm at school!"

"You're tired?! If you're tired I must be the most exhausted bitch in all of America! You know that you don't do shit! I work 6 days out of the week, all night long! All you have to do is go to school and go to sleep! I wish you would pay more attention at school, that would save you from saying stupid shit like that." She raised her voice causing Logan to be alarmed in her arms.

"I have the right to be tired! I do everything that you lack! I have to cook for myself and Logan, I clean the entire house, I manage everything coming in and out of that house! That's why I have D's in English and History and probably won't promote to highschool if I don't take summer classes! I'm too caught up in other things I can't live like anyone else my age would!" My voice elevated as well as I realized it wasn't registering to my mom exactly what I was saying.

Of course my mom and I would be the only two crazy people to be comfortable arguing on the side of the road letting any and everyone hear our business.

"See and that's your problem right there! Blaming people for your own problems! English and History isn't hard Leia! Own up to your shit!" She barked.

That's a low blow. But I can go lower.

"If I gotta own up to my shit, so do you! You're a unfit parent! You have no what your children have to go through on a daily basis! You don't know the basics when it comes to us. You don't know shit about us! The only reason why you don't know shit is because you ain't shit!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.