You can't help who you fall in love with

AN: Present traumas bring up past memories of Bonnie's time in New OrleansIn the past, in the small town of Riverdale, the sudden death of the high school music teacher and the disappearance of a popular student begins to raise questions as his friend's rally to clear his name.

Songs for this chapter

Sympathy for the Devil- by Guns N Roses

All that I'm living for- by Evanescence

Soon it will be revealed why Bonnie ended up in the Prison world without Kol
There is a subtle character crossover that begins here, let me know if you've caught it!
*It should be noted that I do not own the characters from TVD or RD

Prison world

Mystic Falls 1994

Kai's POV

It had been eight weeks of a sick cat and mouse game with Bonnie. Or more like cat and possum, Kai thought. Every night, he would make his attempts to seduce her or get her to reveal where the ascendant was hidden, despite her claims it was shattered in pieces all over the world. She revealed that's what she actually did, in order to keep Kai from escaping. Every night she would clam up and induce herself into a magical temporary coma by unloading her magic unto Kai. All he could do to counter it was a healing spell to make sure Bonnie didn't overexert herself and end up dead. The spell healed Bonnie and slowly restored her magic after twelve hours unconscious, so Bonnie was magically useless to Kai during that time, he couldn't touch or siphon her, or she would expire. It was a vicious cycle.

Each time Bonnie came to, he punished her by pushing the limits of the proximity spell a little more. He was impressed by her determination and ability to stick to her guns, through the pain. Kai began to wonder if she started secretly enjoying the torment. It was cute at first but after those first three days, Bonnie being out cold half the time became a burdensome concept due to reminders of what it was like to be alone. It was getting old. He tried to be more strategic about his various assault methods, only to find the result was the same. She must have really loved Damon to keep her resolve. Not understanding the depths of that emotion, he vowed if he had ever had another opportunity, he'd end Damon. Not in front of Bonnie, of course, in fact, she needed to think he'd made an effort to save him. Her penchant for attempting to see the best in people like Damon would finally be extended to him. Once that happened, he would corrupt her innocence in every way possible.

Knowing he couldn't help nor extinguish the drive to want her in every way tormented him, almost as much, if not more than being stuck in a world of isolation for nearly two decades. He felt it as soon as they'd entered the prison world nearly six months ago. Bonnie didn't even have active use of her magic, it lay dormant. Yet he'd been able to feel the strength of it, her power swirling inside, yearning for sovereignty. Her presence alone stirred his appetite, her enchanting aura corroborated his longing for a union with the witch. Instincts told him the only way to sate that drive was to finally have Bonnie in a way he could behold her forever, yet things had gotten off to a rocky start. He was actually glad Damon was gone so he'd have time to actually get to really know Bonnie but her betrayal initially incited his rage, bringing out the worst in him, and he'd reacted accordingly. He had meant for things to go down differently.

Kai didn't figure he was completely out of the game, being that he had her in an empty world, all to himself. He knew he'd have to put in the work towards gaining her trust. He would loosen the reigns on the proximity spell, get her to realize he was actually a reasonable guy. It didn't matter that it wasn't true, it mattered that she believed it was true. Hopefully, she could come to believe in him.