Perfect meeting

I've felt lost so many times in this world. Even if everyone around me saw me as a normal human being, I had "special" abilities. I was catalogized as a heartless kid. At school, I was called names. The one that fits me the most is "Frozen Heart". Without knowing it at the time, they'd chosen a combination of words that described what I knew the best, which is to freeze everything around me.

As time itself passed by, I understood, I could manage to do more than just freeze or get colder air. I was one with the heat, the temperature, the energy in general. When I was 13 years old, I gained some control with the last bit of common sense I had. Even if I gave it my all, I am not quite sure why I have it, or what I am capable of doing.

That is how, behind a mask, and because of my power, I saw him for the very first time. The news had been spread around the world. The headers were: "Tragedy hits family". The Joker entered my house, he had a lead on two little girls who could control the temperature and heat. The story about my parents' deaths was simply that. Batman and Robin arrived at the old house, but, once again; I was just a child. The pair provided all of the help possible. At the end of the day, my sister and I faced the world alone. 

When I was 12 years old, Gotham stopped being my playground, I had to adjust my vision of the world. Even though Batman and Robin get there in time to save me and my little sister a five-year-old,  we didn't have a place to stay. Without even a godfather to help, being an orphan became our future.

The rumor spread like a virus once more, and It got to Bruce Wayne's ears, two defenseless orphan sisters, who got a scholarship at Gotham Academy, the best school out there. Soon, he did not doubt and took us under his wing.

At Wayne's mansion, I'd always faced the weirdest situations. I could never see them as my real family, I simply couldn't do it after 12 years of calling someone else, dad. Bruce was a good man and eventually a friend, nothing more. Just the same way my sister and I got into the mansion, soon joined "the family" Jason, Tim, and Damian. Then, there was Richard Grayson, we didn't see each other as a brother and sister, he was my best friend since the moment I stepped into his life.  It wasn't perfect, but, we were there for each other, even if sometimes I felt like Dick didn't say the entire truth.

During my years in the mansion, the boys (except for Alfred) would disappear for weeks. Everyone had an excuse to cover the behavior. Dick, for example, said he had joined different clubs or the classic old gymnastics. Bruce had a simpler one, he had to work. Eventually, when the time arrived, we did not have much more to do than to thank everything they gave us. Once I was officially considered an adult, I got a job, entered college, and left the mansion, to live with my little monster for a while. I wasn't the only one who left, right now, Damian is the only one still living there. I always felt like I didn't fully belong to that family. How come Todd disappeared one day and never came back?

The answer I got was: "Jason's dead". We didn't have a funeral, neither did the answer to how, arrived. Many of these little details catapulted my decision to leave and never consider them as my father and brothers. The secrets and lies caused me to lose some of the faith I had in them.

Dick, on the other hand, his birthday was on December first, barely a year older than me, he was who understood me the most. His blue eyes would scan my face as I spoke, his ears would listen carefully to my words.  A part of me also knew he had his secrets as well, just like the rest of the guys in the house, however, his expression at the sight of my powers never seem to show fear, if anything his expression showed a face full of wonder with my little achievements.

I just wanted to add a little note. Englis isn't my first language. This project has been created with one mission only, to improve my writing skills. Without further notice, I hope you can enjoy this journey with me.

Mafer200