chapter two.

CHAPTER TWO —

────────────────

────────────────

575BC

THE DOMO
Babylon 

Soon after the Eternals took residence on planet Earth, Ajak had a talk with Arishem about their mission. She had done the same thing millions of times before and knew what the talk with the Celestial had in store.

"Help humanity evolve, and prepare the Earth for the emergence."

The conversation was usually short, cut off with Ajak giving the all-powerful Celestial a stiff nod. But the Celestial held her back this one time. It surprised Ajak, very much so that she frowned up at the being in confusion.

"Before we depart," the Celestial's voice boomed. "There's a matter I must discuss with you about one of the other Eternals."

Gaia was pulled aside by Ajak shortly after they arrived on Earth and the two had a very short and brief conversation about an extra mission Arishem wanted Gaia to pursue during their stay on Earth. Gaia was instructed to help the Earth grow and mature in all her beauty and glory. As more and more humans were to be born, the need for nature would become apparent as nature helped them to live and breathe, build and grow. Mother Nature never found time to rest during her stay on earth, but she didn't mind it at all. And now, she was everywhere you looked; outside your home, in the sky, even deep within the earth awaiting to come out and show her true beauty to the people up above. Gaia left her mark on the world wherever she stepped, and parents began to tell their children stories of a woman who birthed the very land they stepped on.

Babylon became the same city as the many other places the Eternals had been to. The humans praised and blessed the very soil the Eternals stepped on, thanking the eleven superpowered beings for saving and protecting them whenever a monster arrived at their gates. So they separated their home from the humans just so they could get a little privacy from the life of fame. The Domo resided in the centre of the city in the middle of a large ziggurat temple. The temple gave them space away from humans, a place where they could relax away from the problems of man.

Although Gaia loved people with all her heart, what she loved more was the Earth. Moreso, her mission to help grow and beautify the planet. Before long, the ziggurat was covered in vines and all different types of plants and flowers that Gaia believed looked beautiful together, and the humans took it upon themselves to name it the Hanging Gardens. That's where she was often found. Wandering through the Hanging Garden, delicately placing her hand on anything that seemed bland and covering it with something beautiful.