013 ; quidditch

───※ ·❆· ※───

───※ ·❆· ※───

"TAKE A BIT OF TOAST MATE, GO ON"

you turn to harry as he fiddles with his breakfast, you pat his shoulder, "you're going to need it, harry-kun! we don't want you starving out on the pitch!" you smile.

"ron and [name] are right, harry. you're gonna need your strength today"

you were seated besides ron and across from hermione as you were all eating your breakfast, except harry.

your gaze turns to snape as he walks up to harry, "i'm not hungry" harry shrugs.

"good luck today, potter. then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of quidditch should be easy work for you." snape says.

"even if it is against slytherin"

you hold back an exasperated sigh, he seems to be a slytherin supremacist, yet still hates you.

he eyes you all before walking off, you shake your head.

"that explains the blood" harry says as he watches snape walk with a slight limp.

"blood?" hermione asks.

"listen, last night, i'm guessing snape let the troll in as a diversion.. so he could try and get passed that three-headed dog. but, he got himself bit. that's why he's limping."

"but why would anyone go near that dog?" hermione questions, you lean in slightly.

"the day i was at gringotts, hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. said it was hogwarts business, very secret" both you and ron raise an eyebrow.

"so you're saying.."

"that's what the dogs guarding. that's what snape wants."

you all turn to the roof again as the sounds of a particular bird can be heard.

flying down, is a gorgeous white owl, carrying a large parcel and dropping it into harry's hands.

harry places the package on the table, "bit early for mail, isn't it?" hermione questions.

"but i.. i never get mail" harry says confusedly.

"let's open it" ron says excitedly.

they unwrap it, untying the strings and pulling the brown wrapping off.

"it's a broomstick" harry says in awe.

you look at him as if he was the stupidest person alive,

what did you think it was?  a letter?

you shake your head at his stupidity.

"that's not just a broomstick, harry! it's a nimbus 2000!" ron awes.