nine

"does your dad know?" I ask giselle on the way home.

"yeah, when I found out, I was crying and he asked why, I told him it was nothing but he made me tell him anyway" she said, putting her head against the window.

"ah, right" I say, turning I to the driveway.

"what am I going to do violet? I'm not ready to be a mum!"

"I don't know g, I really don't" I sigh.

"I want to get my own place, so the baby doesn't disturb my dad or anything, plus it would be nice to move out" she says, walking inside.

"why don't we look for places?" I ask her.

"okay" she smiles.

---

"ooh, this one is nice! look g, it's an apartment, it's got two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen and a living room" I say.

"violet?" giselle looks at me.

"yes?" I look back at her.

"I know it might be a lot to ask, but would you move with me? we could get the two bedroom apartment and live there together" she smiles. I think about it for a moment.

"I'd love to" I say. she smiles even bigger.

"great! I was worried you wouldn't, because of the baby" she says.

"don't worry g, I'll help you bring that baby up" I smile and she hugs me.

---

after asking my parents if I could move out, and them being okay with it as long as I come back for Christmas, I went back upstairs and began putting the things I need least into boxes.

"violet!" I hear giselle shout from my bed, I was in the closet.

"yes?" I say running in.

"come look at this! I've spoken to the sales lady and she said we can view it later, and if we like it, we could move in within the next month!" she says with excitement.

"that's great! did you book the appointment?" I say.

"yep, we're going at 4pm" she smiles.

"okay" I smile back and walk back into the closet.