014 ; nicholas flamel

╔═════ ▓▓ ࿇ ▓▓ ═════╗

╚═════ ▓▓ ࿇ ▓▓ ═════╝

"NONSENSE! WHY WOULD SNAPE PUT A CURSE ON HARRY'S BROOM?"

the four of you were now walking alongside hagrid, and hermione and ron had just told the three of you how they believe snape had cursed harry's broom, hence why it was swinging around like that.

"who knows? why was he trying to get passed that three-headed dog on halloween?" harry says.

"who told you about fluffy?" hagrid says.

"fluffy?" ron says.

you squeal, "fluffy! that is such a cute name! i would have named himiko that if i'd thought of it!"

ron turns to you, "speaking of that cat of yours, where is it? and just saying, i haven't seen scabbers all day"

you scoff, "himiko would never touch that filthy rat of yours! besides, she's sleeping in my dorm!"

"hey, don't call scabbers filthy, he's perfectly clean!"

hermione shakes her head, "anyways- that things has a name?!" she questions.

"well of course he's got a name, he's mine!"

you grin, "oo~ he's yours?! can i see him again? pretty please!"

hagrid just smiles at you, which you take as a yes, you grin.

"i bought him off an irish feller i met down the pub last year. then i lent him to dumbledore to guard the.." he pauses.

"yes?" harry presses.

"shouldn't have said that. no more questions! don't ask anymore questions. that's top secret that is." he shakes his head.

"but hagrid.. whatever fluffy's guarding, snape's trying to steal it!" harry says pleadingly.

hagrid stops in his tracks and turns to the four of you, "codswallop. professor snape is a hogwarts teacher." hagrid reasons.

"hogwarts teacher or not, i know a spell when i see one. i've read all about them. you've got to keep eye contact, and snape wasn't blinking. "

"exactly" harry nods along.

you didn't actually notice snape, so you just stay silent, though still listening intently.

"now, you listen to me, all four of you" he quiets his voice, "you're meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in. it's dangerous" he warns.

you, ron, harry, and hermione just stand side-by-side and look up at him.

"what that dog is guarding is strictly between professor dumbledore and nicholas flamel"

you raise your eyebrows along with the other three, "nicholas flamel?" you question.

hagrid looks up, "i shouldn't have said that. i should not have said that" he starts walking away from you all, repeating how he should not have said that.

"nicholas flamel.." harry whispers quietly.

"who's nicholas flamel?" he turns to the three of you.

hermione shakes her head, "i dunno"

your gaze turns to the direction hagrid had just left.

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

THE SLIGHT CRISP IN THE AIR HAD ONLY GOTTEN WORSE AS CHRISTMAS WAS QUICKLY MAKING ITS WAY TOWARDS YOU ALL.

the land was now covered in a thick and welcoming blanket of snow, each little tree branch now adorned with snow. and it didn't seem like it would be whisking away anytime soon, as buckets of snow would fall each day, just adding new layers of snow to the cold ground.

you quite like the cold, you like how it leaves the tip of your nose red and you get to snuggle up all cosy. the only problem is, slytherin common rooms were in the dungeons, which happened to be one of the coldest places in the whole school. so you made sure to stay out of your dorms as much as you possibly could.

you were currently seated with harry and ron, watching as they play a game of wizards chess.

you were dressed in a plain grey zip up jacket with a plain white long-sleeve shirt underneath, along with a simple pair of black tights. each of which you had nicked from a clothing shop.

your hair was out like usual and himiko was laying around your neck, using your hair as a protective blanket.

you turn to the large double-doors as hermione walks in, carrying her trunk behind her, she was dressed in a gryffindor scarf and some simple black robes. she had told you she was going home for yule, but ron's family were going away, and harry said he would take any chance he could to get away from the dursleys, and you would rather stay here than in a hotel, so you all chose to stay.

"knight to e5" harry instructs the small chess figure, you sit with your arms crossed on the table and your cheek resting on your arm as you watch the figure move on it's own.

ron scans each figure, "queen to e5" he smirks as hermione stands by you.

the queen piece moves to e5, the same place harry ahd just put his figure.

the piece stands up and picks up the chair they were just sitting on, and smashing the knight to pieces with it.

you smile.

"that's totally barbaric" hermione says.

"that's wizard's chess" rons miles, "i see you've packed" he eyes hermione's trunk. 

"i see you haven't" she retorts, looking back at him.

"change of plans. my parents decided to go to romania to visit my brother charlie"

you turn to ron as you sit straight, "just how many siblings do you have?" he just shrugs.

"he's studying dragons there." he adds on.

you grin, "oo~"

"good, you can help harry and [name], then. they're going to go and look in the library for information on nicholas flamel."

"we've looked a hundred times!" ron says.

hermione leans between you and harry, "not in the restricted section. happy christmas" she grabs her trunk again and walks off, you wave happily at her, she gives a small wave back.

"i think we've had a bad influence on her" ron sighs.

you turn to him, "you think?"

╔═════ ▓▓ ࿇ ▓▓ ═════╗

╚═════ ▓▓ ࿇ ▓▓ ═════╝

words ; 930

date posted ; 08/03/22

©_behindyou_