before.

TW: cursing, mentions of abuse

Four years earlier

Y/n's POV

"He looks like he ate a bad sandwich!" joked my best friend, Isadora. Of course I had to be drinking milk at that very second, it shot out of my nose and all over my lap. This caused my friends, Duncan, Quigley, and of course, Isadora to laugh even harder. Typical nine-year-olds. This went on for 20 minutes until we heard a knock at the door of Isadora's bedroom.

"Guys, could I talk to you for a second?" we heard the voice of my closest friends' mother, Mrs. Quagmire. Isadora's brother, Duncan stood up and opened the door. "Y/n, I have some bad news. Your mother left this morning. You and your father will be moving away to another city." she said sadly. No, this can't be. I thought. 

"A-are you sure?" I asked timidly, trying not to cry. 

"Yes, dear. You will be leaving in 15 minutes." Faintly, I could hear the despondent and disbelieving shouts of my friends. I felt Mrs. Quagmire put her hand on my shoulder, but I couldn't look up. My mother left me. I was to leave the town I grew up in, and possibly never see my three closest friends again. Mrs. Quagmire left the room, and the four of us hugged for what seemed like an hour. They followed behind me as my father dragged me by my wrist into the car. I waved one last time to the Quagmires, they were like a  second family to me. 

"Stop crying and buckle your seatbelt, now!" yelled my father. I was afraid he was going to hit me again, so I obeyed. Hours passed, and I looked out of the window to see the same barren landscape for miles. 

"How much longer, dad?" I asked desperately, trying not to whine.

"I told you 3 times, stop talking! No wonder your mother left, you're nothing but a fucking brat." he shouted. I'll admit it, yes, I am afraid of him. It's very rational to be scared of him, as I've learned over the years. Eventually, we came to our new home. I immediately ran to what was to be my bedroom and locked the door. I cried for an hour, silently praying that my father wouldn't hear me. I drifted off to sleep soon after, dreaming of the day my mother would come back.

End of flashback

A/n~ hello! i hope you enjoyed, i'm not the best at writing in this style. sorry this is short!

holy crap i'm sorry for all the spelling mistakes i was exhausted when i wrote this. it's fixed now!

word count: 442

-olivia <33