Part 1

My hand steadily tucked back black, silky tresses behind her ear, softly grazing her cheek. A hint of crimson gradually filled where my skin met her face, reflecting on the other side. Y/N's eyes scanned the floor to avoid my piercing gaze, long thick lashes curtained the glimmering orbs. The corners of her mouth shyly tugged upwards at the bold move.

Our hearts thrumming in our ears, lungs sharing the same air, breathing in each other scents. I held her wrist to the sculpted panes of my chest for her to feel who that hearts beats for.

I inched closer cautiously, not to startle her and inclined my head down, reaching for her lips. She gulped closing her eyes shut. My eyelids fluttered shut as the space between us disappeared.

I heard my name. Not the fragile female's voice but-

"Hyunjin"

I woke up with his voice in my ears.

Felix.

Realisation hit me like the sun peeping through the clouds that winter afternoon. The snow had shown mercy and taken a break from bleaching surfaces and drowning them in frail flakes of white.

It was just a dream.

A thought I fancy which could merely be a wish.

The bricks - of fear, of rejection - built a wall around me. An unbreakable shield. Unmovable, stern, stubborn. Nobody can pass through, either way. Emotions locked up, like beasts to shackles. Like growing a flower that cannot bloom. Every ray of hope shut out by black, opaque curtains.

Finding your heart beating for someone else. Someone already taken. Like a sharp blade through the middle of your chest. It hurts to leave the light on for nobody.

Loving her was like holding a candle. It illuminates the world. Then slowly, painfully begins melting, disappearing and hurts. When it goes off, everything is darker than ever before, the end of every desire.

What's left is the burn. The scar, the pain.

Destiny didn't seem to favour me.

I had only one recourse-