Part 11

I had made up my mind.

Fight.

After clearing the fog in my head, I looked around in the chamber for Felix. He was already arming himself with various kinds of equipment and armours. Arising, I turned to him and boldly declared that I was coming with him.

I was waiting for the straight up refusal. That I should stay safe, hidden. But I won't let that happen. I wouldn't coward after being declared their army commander. It was part of my duty I swore upon. My mind suggested hiw I could convince him, to let me join. That Hyunjin was my friend too.

But he simply nodded, passing me a lethal blade, a gentle stroke of which could effortlessly rip through flesh and bones.

We had arrived not long after Felix secured me in armour matching the aura of our lands.

What I saw - I had no clue where to begin. Everything was ablaze. The agony, visible in the way the curtains came to blows and the way the fire shrieked at me. Corpses lying everywhere- our troops' but mainly the competitor's.

Something deep down settled within me at the thought. Atleast we weren't the ones being defeated. There were more bodies of the invaders than our militia. The bloodshed was still continuous, but we did not have many soldiers to grieve over.

Most of the carcass lay under a veil of fire. Someone had intellectually wrapped the opposing troops in a linen of flame. Easy elimination. That idea must have belonged to the King's general and assassin.

The antagonism lasted another couple of hours. We did not dare pause, in fear of what we could lose.

When the stars began to disappear with their last blinks, there he was. Standing before the lavender horizon, combating the last rival.

Metal tore through fabric and leather and armour. Blood pouring rapidly. A pain-filled groan.

Angelic, white textiles stained red.

Hyunjin's P.O.V

Something tore through my structure. The metallic tang of blood filled around me. My steps wobbled. The entire world around me shook with a loud thud. The pain of hitting the earth so hard - lifelessly - was drowned by the burning strain in my abdomen.

A familiar figure assasinated the foe, before crouching down to me.

His eyes drifted to my hands, smothered in red, clutching my stomach that erupted blood so viciously.

He held my hand firmly as I caught a glimpse of the second figure rushing towards us.

"Hold on. I'm going to get medical aid." He choked over muffled sobs, before turning.

I grabbed his hand. His hand small against mine, covered in blood. Mine and foreign- but mainly mine. I hesitantly shook my head. It took so much effort. Everything was covered in red mist. Blurry.

I took a deep breath that stung deep down.

"Felix," Speaking was an effort. My words were a wisp of air, gently brushing my face, draining of life, ruffling my hair, burning in the open wound.

I didn't know this day would come so early.