Chapter I

Ron's POV:

"Motherfucker!" I grunted looking at myself in the bathroom mirror, twisting and turning to get a better look on all my scars. "Ron, are you ok in there?" I suddenly heard my mom's soft voice and quickly fixed my wet hair so it could dry better. "Yeah mom, I'm fine." I told her, trying to sound as convincing as possible.

I quickly put on my cargo pants that where laying on the bathroom counter fixing up my belt before coming out of the bathroom and heading for my room. "Ron." My mom stopped me, having a soft fake smile on her face when she looked at my bruised body. "I'm fine mom, don't worry." I said again, and she quickly nodded before walking over to Sam's room.

I opened my closet and started searching for something that would hide all my bruises and scars, I didn't want the pity for them and I absolutely don't want people knowing what my dad does.

After a while of searching I just decided on wearing one of my favorite hoodies; it was white and quite comfortable with a text that read 'White zombie' on the front and on the back their album cover was sitting neatly.

"Hey, you ready?" My dad asked, as I was sitting on my bed playing guitar. I gave him a quick nod before putting the guitar down and walking out the room after him, I knew there was gonna be a new kid at the welcoming party who was about my age, so I was a little exited!

The walk to the party didn't take long, Deanna's house was just a few away from ours. Deanna is the lady that leads this place, her husband is an architect so he designed the walls.

I had lived in this neighborhood all my life, and honestly I've never really seen a biter, only from far away.

All this apocalypse bullshit was kinda stressing, and if I were Deanna I wouldn't let any new people in; what if they where dangerous? Sure, Aaron and Eric where careful with who they chose to go talk to but they had made a few mistakes before.

"Welcome, step inside!" Deanna said with a toothy smile right after she had opened the front door for us. She was way too nice, making me think she had some weird evil plan even though she probably didn't.

Then I saw the new guys, standing around talking to each other, to my people. Then I saw the new kid, he had long shaggy dark brown hair and icy blue eyes with pale pale skin full of freckles. He was wearing a sheriffs hat and a blue flannel shirt on top of a grey t-shirt.

My dad suddenly grabbed my shoulder pulling me back pressing on one of my bruises. "If anyone somehow gets to know bout those bruises of yours tonight I'll slit your throat, got it?" He hissed into my ear and I grunted from pain, he knew exactly where to press for it to hurt. "Pete." My mom said softly and he let me go.

"It's no lie you did it to yourself, kid." He said, this time a bit louder, walking towards Deanna's husband to talk, right untill he noticed Aaron and Eric weren't here. "Where's the faggots?" He asked.

I knew my dad was a bad man, but he was my dad! Sure, he hurts me and my family but I still love him, he's my dad I have to. And I know he's the reason I wake up all numb in the morning, hissing from pain because it hurts so bad to move.

...